14th June 2017, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

What to choose after 10th standard to join in air force being a girl?

What to choose after 10th standard to join in air force being a girl? Is it possible to get job in air force easily for girls? Can you please suggest me the preparation which I need to do for the same? It will be helpful if you can guide me on the same. Thank you!

15th June 2017, 04:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to choose after 10th standard to join in air force being a girl?

Sorry, to say that being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to join Air Force as per UPSC guidelines. To join Indian Air Force, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining Indian Air Force. You should be an unmarried male candidate, should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force. So, being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
15th June 2017, 10:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to choose after 10th standard to join in air force being a girl?

If you want to join Airforce then you have to opt for non medical stream in your 11th standard because minimum qualification required to join Airforce for girls is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with mathematics as a compulsory subject. After completing your graduation you have to appear in CDS exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.
15th June 2017, 10:55 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

In order to get into Air Force, you have to choose Science stream in 10+2 standard to be eligible.
Being a girl, you cannot apply for Air Force even after completing 12th standard. You have to attain a bachelor's degree (graduation) from a recognized Board/University.

After completing your Graduation, you can either apply for the AFCAT Examination or the CDS Examination and then go for Air Force training.

The basic eligibility requirements are :

* You must be an unmarried Indian.
* Age limit 19 years to 23 years
* Must have passed graduation from a recognition or equivalent.
* Final year pursuing candidates may also apply.

// For futher information you may refer to www.upsc.gov.in
16th June 2017, 10:54 AM
kachhadiyasharda

Just after 10th, You are not eligible to apply for IAF (Indian Air Force). As a girl, You are not eligible for NDA. If want to join IAF, You should have minimum qualification of graduation to appear entrance exams for various branches of IAF.

Eligibility For Girls to Join IAF

Through AFCAT After Graduation

Flying Branch
- You must have passed bachelor's degree with PCM.
- Age Limit : 20 to 24 years.

Technical Branch
- You must have passed B.E./B.Tech (Aeronautical/Aerospace) in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 20 to 26 years.

Ground Duty
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- Age Limit : 20 to 26 years.

Through CDSE After Graduation

Flying Branch
- You must have passed bachelor's degree with PCM at (10+2) level.
- Age Limit : 20 to 23 years.

Through UES

For Technical Branch
- You must have passed B.E./B.Tech from a recognized university.
- Age Limit : 18 to 28 years

NCC Entry
- You must have passed bachelor's degree with PCM at (10+2) level or passes B.E./B.Tech.
- Age Limit : 19 to 23 years

Physical Requirements For Flying Branch
- Height : Minimum 162.5 cms
- Leg Length : Minimum 99 cms and Maximum 120 cms
- Sitting Height : Minimum 81.5 cms and Maximum 96 cms
- Vision : 6/6 in one eye & 6/9 in other eye
8th December 2019, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

I am Ankita and not from PCM but I am from PCB can I join IAF
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?