29th August 2019, 04:10 PM
Anu Kum

What are the common subject and topics in BPSC and UPSC examination?

Can I give Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) by just studying the topics which are common in UPSC and BPSC? Can I qualify with this strategy? Also, let me know about the topics and subjects which are common in BPSC and UPSC?

31st August 2019, 01:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the common subject and topics in BPSC and UPSC examination?

Yes, syllabus of UPSC examination will cover all the topics of BPSC examination.

But, since BPSC is state specific examination knowledge regarding the History, Geography, Polity and Economy of state is required in detail which is not in case with UPSC. You can get information by some best books regarding BPSC available in market.

For more information regarding previous year paper and syllabus for examination visit at www.bpsc.gov.in.
31st August 2019, 02:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the common subject and topics in BPSC and UPSC examination?

There is optional paper examination in both UPSC Civil Services as well as Bihar Public Service Commission. You must prepare your optional subject well so that it can fetch you good marks in both exams.

In general studies subject, you need to focus on geography, polity and constitution, Economy and Budget. These are common in both exams. In UPSC Civil services exam, there is a paper called Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude which is not in BPSC.

Apart from that, you need to focus on Bihar related affairs in terms of polity, geography, economy etc.
31st August 2019, 04:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for Bihar Public Service Commission examination by just studying common topics of UPSC Civil Services examination.

But you need to focus more on Bihar related affairs in terms of current events. You will have to study Bihar's history and polity.

In Mains exam, you can appear with same optional if you have selected same in BPSC exam.
11th September 2019, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

What is the best optional subject for UPSC in which I can cover the most syllabus?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?