6th September 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for jobs in PSU's? Books which are helpful for preparation?

What is the criteria for job in psu's, and time of their notification. And please also suggest some books which are helpful for the preparation( MECHANICAL STREAM).Thank you.

28th September 2015, 05:28 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria for jobs in PSU's? Books which are helpful for preparation?

PSU stands for the Public Sector Undertakings. Some of the best PSUs for the Mechanical Engineers are NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL etc. The eligibility criteria for the PSU recruitment is:

>>Candidate must passed all the semesters and should not have any pending backlogs. You should have good percentage of marks in bachelor's degree as weightage is given to academics in PSU recruitment.

>>You must have qualified in GATE exam and to be called for interview, the rank generally is around top 500. SAIL conducts its own entrance exam but it also considers GATE scorecard.

The notification for all the PSUs are released in month of February to April, some before GATE result and some after GATE results.

Best books for the mechanical engineering stream are:

>>Strength of Materials: B.C Punamia.

>>Material Science by UC Jindal.

>>Mechanical Vibration by Grover.

>>Theory of Machines by R.S Khurmi.

>>Fluid Machines by R.K Bansal.

>>Referigeration and Air Conditiong by C.P Arora.

>>Aptitude and reasoning by Made Easy publications.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?