13th August 2019, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

What is difference between BCA and Bachelor of Computer Science Engineering?

Hi, can anybody please tell me the difference between BCA and Bachelors in Computers Science and Engineering? Are these both courses related to software engineering only? Which has more scope and job opportunities?

25th August 2019, 11:59 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is difference between BCA and Bachelor of Computer Science Engineering?

BCA and B.Tech CSE (Computer Science Engineering) both are different courses, but both are good courses and have good career opportunities. It is difficult to say which one is better for you because both are different in terms of eligibility, duration, course content, career prospects etc. However, B.Tech CSE is professionally more valued course than BCA and also have more career options. You should opt any one of them in which you are most interested according to your interest and career goals.

Difference between BCA and B.Tech CSE
- BCA is the 3 year degree course whereas B.Tech CSE is the 4 years engineering degree course.
- Candidates who have passed (10+2) in any stream with maths and english as compulsory subjects are eligible for BCA. Candidates passed (10+2) in science stream with PCM an English subjects are only eligible for B.Tech CSE.
- Instutes offer BCA admission based on qualifying examination and admission few well reputed institutes conduct their own entrance for admission. Institutes offer B.Tech CSE admission based on national level entrance JEE Main.
- BCA imparts knowledge knowledge of computer applications and programming language whereas B.Tech CSE imparts knowledge of computer hardware, software and programming languages.
- BCA focuses on designing to build programming skills for efficient resource optimized software, website, cloud and mobile applications. B.Tech CSE focuses on intensive programming, developing new technologies and concepts, mathematical skills etc.

Job Profiles

For BCA Graduates
- Application Developer
- Programmer
- Graphic Designer
- System Analyst
- Entrepreneur
- Network Administrator
- Business Analyst

For B.Tech CSE Graduates
- Software Engineer
- Hardware Engineer
- Software Developer
- Testing Engineer
- Programmer Analyst
- Content Developer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?