9th June 2011, 05:46 PM
Saloni_p

What to do after 10th so as to pass CLAT exam? Rankings of law colleges?

Hi..
I am in class 11 .. planning to pursue law in the future..
i hav taken commerce with maths.. just wanted to get the details about what exactly to do for CLAT after class 10.. and should i join entrances in class 11 only or start working for the entrances in class 12?
and the rankings of the law colleges in india !
would be obliged to get a perfect answer !
Thank you!
Regards .

12th September 2011, 01:07 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What to do after 10th so as to pass CLAT exam? Rankings of law colleges?

hello dear

no. after 10th you are not allow to give CLAT exam.

law course is basically a graduation course.

so before doing graduation, you have qualify 12th in any stream.

so after 12th you will be eligiable to give CLAT exam.

minimum 50% marks in 12th and 50% marks in English is required to write the CLAT exam.
16th October 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to do after 10th so as to pass CLAT exam? Rankings of law colleges?

what subject i school choose to appear for CLAT in 11th so that it would be easier in further studies n what should be the preparations for it....
22nd December 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

where are best coaching institutes for preparation of CLAT during class 11th and 12th
29th March 2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Can I Do CLAT preperation in 12th so as to pass aptitude test for CLAT...?
8th December 2012, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

WHAT PREPARATION SHOULD BE DONE AFTER 10 FOR CLAT
14th March 2013, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

which subject is best in 12 for law
8th April 2013, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

should i choose humanities or science maths....in 11th so that would be useful further in my law schol and also beneficial for clat preparation..which is best subject to chose in 11th..
8th April 2013, 10:53 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
should i choose humanities or science maths....in 11th so that would be useful further in my law schol and also beneficial for clat preparation..which is best subject to chose in 11th..
Educational Qualifications required to apply for the CLAT exams is:
12th Pass with Minimum 45% marks

Age- Maximum age to apply is 20 years

Questions will be asked from the below sections in the written test:
English including Comprehension - 40 marks
Legal Aptitude- 50 marks
Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) 20 marks
Logical Reasoning – 40 marks
General Knowledge/ Current Affairs – 50 Marks

You can choose Maths atleast in your 11th and 12th as Maths is asked in the CLAT entrance tests

CLAT exams is held for the below National Law colleges:
National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
National Law University, Odisha (NLUO)
National University of Study Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
18th July 2013, 01:22 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saloni_p View Post
Hi..
I am in class 11 .. planning to pursue law in the future..
i hav taken commerce with maths.. just wanted to get the details about what exactly to do for CLAT after class 10.. and should i join entrances in class 11 only or start working for the entrances in class 12?
and the rankings of the law colleges in india !
would be obliged to get a perfect answer !
Thank you!
Regards .
Glad to know that you have plans for sitting for the CLAT Exam for pursuing a career in law. Well as you must be knowing that CLAT is a highly competitive exam so at least 10-12 months preparations is required to crack this one and ensure good rank so that you can get a college of your choice. So if you think by starting preparation from class 11 you can space your time evenly you should go for it. Otherwise even if you start preparing from class 12 then also you will get ample amount of time to get used to the exam pattern.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. There are 14 National Law Universities which conducts the CLAT exam in turn. You can give this exam to pursue both LLB and LLM. This year almost 30000 law aspirants appeared for this exam.

Generally the notifications of this exam is released in the month of January and the exam takes place in the month of May. To sit for this exam the following eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied:-
  • To pursue LLB you need to pass the higher secondary exam or its equivalent of a recognized board. In addition to that you need to have 50% of marks at 10+2 level.
  • There is some relaxation for the reserved category candidates. They needs to get 45% of marks instead.
  • If you are a final year candidate about to sit for the class 12 exam or waiting for the result to come out then also you can give this exam.
  • At the time of admission you must have the certificates to prove that you have passed successfully.
  • The upper age limit for General and OBC category candidate is 20 years and for the SC/ST candidates and PWD candidates the upper age limit is 22 years.
Exam Pattern:-
  • English including Comprehension: 40 marks
  • General Knowledge/ Current Affairs: 50 marks
  • Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 marks
  • Legal Aptitude: 50 marks
  • Logical Reasoning: 40 marks
Top Colleges Under CLAT:-
  • National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
  • NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
  • National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
  • The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
  • National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
  • Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
  • Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
  • Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
  • Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
  • Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
  • National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
  • National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
  • National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
  • National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
I didnt exactly understand what you meant by entrance. I think you are talking about the coaching institutes. Well it's always a wise decision to go for professional help when you know you cant grasp the whole thing on your own. They will be able to provide you with the latest study materials and also conduct exams daily to find out how much progress you have done.

Following are some of the best CLAT Coaching Institutes in India:-
  • T.I.M.E.
  • Career Shapers Education Forum
  • IMS Institute
  • Management Career Makers (MCM)
  • Sriram Law Academy
  • PT Education
  • Sachdeva New PT College
  • Abhyaas Hyderabad
  • Crack CLAT Tutorials Jodhpur
  • Paradygm A & R
  • Pathfinder Education Services Pvt. Ltd.
Hope this helps :-> :->
9th March 2015, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 11th and is about to start 12th.i want to know that if i can start preparing for CLAT .is 2 percentage counted in admission and how much percentage should i aim for getting admission in good college for law
20th June 2017, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Hello my name is Alana ashmin, if after entrance exam only, we can get into a law college, or directly after 12th we can enter into a law college by opting Ba. llb
22nd June 2018, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

I am taking Humanities/Arts in class 11th and i am going to prepare for clat by myself so please tell me how can i achieve it without coaching and tell me the name of books which is required for clat studies from class 11th.

Thanks
25th January 2021, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Can. We do any courses after 10th for llb?? If yes,then plz give any suggestions %uD83E%uDD7A
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?