31st May 2010, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

What to do after B.Tech. (ECE)? Which course will be good for my field and for getting jobs?

hello my name is anand,i am studying B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year.after completing B.Tech wat should i do?which course is better to my branch.on which course,jobs r getting very fastly.please help me.........

31st May 2010, 04:09 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: What to do after B.Tech. (ECE)? Which course will be good for my field and for getting jobs?

dear friend, as you a student of 3rd year, so you have so many options , like you can do further studies like M.Tech in ECE or you can do MBA after your B.Tech completion.
i kindly suggest you to prepare for GATE exam which is not only for M.Tech studies but many companies like NTPC,DRDO,BARC etc recruits according to the score in GATE.
& if you want to go in management sector then MBA is better option for you, you can prepare for CAT/MAT/XAT/XLRI etc.
good luck.
31st May 2010, 04:19 PM
blaze

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech. (ECE)? Which course will be good for my field and for getting jobs?

hell anand.. dont be worried
i think you are in the best branch of engineering,,so just focus on your studies
just keep in mind that.."every company demands the best students"
just keep on working hard..
now for your question about" what to do after btech?"

after btech you have many options like
1: m.tech by clearing GATE enterence exam
2: MBA by clearing CAT,MAT,ZAT
3: IES in electronics..this is highly reputated job..

onething is common in all the above field mentioned...you have to face enterance exam

so just prepare yourself for these enterance exams.
books and study maerials are available on net easily.

hope you are satisfied by my answer..
all the best
31st May 2010, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech. (ECE)? Which course will be good for my field and for getting jobs?

i can do the any other cours during complition of b.tech degree in food technology?from which univercity?plz tell me whole information about this cours.
31st May 2010, 08:55 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Better to opt for VLSI desing or Embedded System Desing they will be best for you.

Otherwise few more courses like Diploma in Advance System Design, Certificate course in digital signal would be better for job prospect in ECE.

And if you are opt for VLSI desing or Embedded System Desing then it is neccessary to persue that course from a Good institute, thats because market is floded with these degree holders and its get more tougher for getting job.

And the one and only best institute for studing this course is CADAC,Mohali,Mumbai,Kolkata campus.This institute has 100% placement record since decades, which makes this institute one of the premium institute.So, getting in there is tougher.Find the admission details from here-http://acts.cdac.in/actsonline/Websi...mepg/vlbro.asp

However, other then CADAC Integrated Circuit and Information Technology (ICIT) pvt.ltd. is also a good place for studing VLSI desing or Embedded System Desing.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
31st May 2010, 10:46 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend.
as you are from the electronics and communication engineer.so there is many courses which is very good,
vlsi and embedded system is the best course for the ece.
also you can do the course of the networking ,this is very much helpful.
31st May 2010, 10:56 PM
swati123

The best course to pursue after B.Tech. (ECE) is certainly M.Tech. Your M.Tech.

qualifification will make you eligible for academic/Faculty jobs in educational institutes

and also for Research positions in R&D centres. Of course, you will need to take the GATE

(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) Exams for admission in M.Tech. courses offered by

the IITs and some other select colleges.
31st May 2010, 11:54 PM
bholag

hi friend,
after doing your B.TECH(ECE) you can go for further study like M.TECH or else you can apply for job in core company of electronics,software or you can do the job of lecturer in colleges.
1st June 2010, 08:36 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

If you want to pursue a career in electronics engineering, you can go for areas like digital signal processing, radio engineering, VLSI, system design and so on. So diploma courses provided by bodies like CDAC could help you to find jobs faster.
3rd June 2010, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

what are the centeres in chennai which gives training on embedded systems and vlsi?
4th June 2010, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

What are the M.Tech. options after B.Tech. in ECE ?
5th June 2010, 07:28 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Question Re: What to do after B.Tech. (ECE)? Which course will be good for my field and for getting jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the M.Tech. options after B.Tech. in ECE ?

Basically you can opt for followings:-

M.Tech (Embedded system design)

M.Tech ( VLSI design)

M.Tech (Electronics Engineering)

M.Tech ( Electrical & Electronics Engineering)

MCA.
5th June 2010, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

what i do after B.Tech(ECE 3rd year) to become a space scientist research on planets& aliens....... i what are the opportunies to me to get a job in ISRO/NASA,Explain in detail?
6th June 2010, 01:01 AM
anu132

Smile Re: What to do after B.Tech. (ECE)? Which course will be good for my field and for getting jobs?

Quote:
hello my name is anand,i am studying B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year.after completing B.Tech wat should i do?which course is better to my branch.on which course,jobs r getting very fastly.please help me.........
Hi friend..
There are the courses which is related to your branch ECE..
1.VLSI design
2.Embedded system design
But you have to do the courses in a reputed Institute like CADAC...
Other than that you can opt for the different fields like...
1.M-tech in ECE
If you are interested in lectureship field then you can go for it..There is an entrance exam for this named GATE..According to your rank you will get the good colleges..Through this exam you can enter to the organisation like DRDO,NTPC...
2.MBA
If you are interested in management field then you can opt for MBA...There is entrance exams for this and they are CAT,MAT,XAT...
3.IES
This is the most prestigious Job and you also have to give an entrance exam for this also...
So be prepared for your exam...
BEST OF LUCK....
6th June 2010, 01:59 PM
sanket mathur

You can opt for M.Tech (ECE) after completing B.Tech.
6th June 2010, 04:54 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

well after engineering you have a wide variety of options. If you want to work, then
go for either campus placements or jobs outside and if you want to continue technical studies further then go for m.tech or Ms and if you want to go on to the management side, go for mba from some good b school...........
8th June 2010, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i am studying btech (ece) final year...........so what course is better for me after dis????????
9th June 2010, 02:40 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
today b tech + mba is in great demand.as company wants both technical and management skills in single person so they are also paying good salary to them.otherwise if you want to stick to technical line then you must do mtech after btech.
15th June 2010, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

now i'm studying 3rd b.tech i don't know whwt to do after b.tech i have interest in getting a good job i have no intrest in higher education ...
19th June 2010, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

i want job ...................plz where to apply
20th June 2010, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

CAN U TELL ME ABOUT THE VECTOR INSTITUTE FOR VLSI DESIGN&EMBEDDED COURSE,HYDRABAD.I WANT TO KNOW IS IT REPUTATED INSTITUTE OR NOT.PLZ REP FAST I AM WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.
20th June 2010, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

what all companies will recruit taking gate score into consideration
21st June 2010, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

i am a eee(electric and electronic engineering) student completed first year. what are the other possiblities to do after completing engineering?
26th June 2010, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, i am an ece student of first year. i want to become a scientist in nasa. so what can i do after B.Tech.
5th July 2010, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

what all managment courses are suited after doing B.Tech(ECE)..??
6th July 2010, 09:04 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
what all managment courses are suited after doing B.Tech(ECE)..??

Well, followings will best suites them for bettermant of there career prospect:-

MBA/PGDM (Telecom)

MBA/PGDM (IT)

MBA/PGDM (Marketing)

MBA/PGDM (system)
6th July 2010, 09:23 PM
gohan4

hello Anand
after B.tec you can do M.tec or you can choose management line through MBA both are good according to youe field
6th July 2010, 09:27 PM
pinnache

you could apply at following institutions:
1.BHEL
2.DRDO
3.BEL
4.HCL
they take ece.
6th July 2010, 09:49 PM
anupam kuruganti

Smile Re: What to do after B.Tech. (ECE)? Which course will be good for my field and for getting jobs?

Quote:
Dear Anand,

You have lot many courses for which you can get instantly good job openings. First of all be clear that whether you want a job in your technical field or in any other field also you are willing to work. If you want to work in any field then

1. First prepare for your campus interviews from now onwards. As you are now 3rd year you can succeed in it surely. So for this contact your seniors or contact your college placement cell and know what are the companies that are hiring your college candidates and your branch candidates. So that you can prepare for that companies. The previous question papers for various companies will be available in Freshers world website which can be available at this site http://www.freshersworld.com/. This can surely help you.

2. If you doesn't want to go for campus or your college doesn't provide or you didn't get any campus. Then there is a wonderful chance for you which is better than campus job i.e., preparing for CAT for doing MBA in IIMs.

I suggest you a important point after you completed your 3rd year then during your summer vacation go and join in any CAT coaching center (preferred one is TIME). After your holidays keep going to your college as it is and spend daily a 3 to 4 hours time for your CAT. This can have two benefits 1. You can give a good shot in CAT exam
2. You need not to separately prepare for campus interviews because if you prepare for CAT it is enough to write any company written tests. So 2 ways benefit.

3. The above 2 options will be suitable for you if you want to enter in to job field with very good starting pay. If you are more interested in your technical field then start preparing for GATE which will give you entrance in to M.tech degree courses. They also have a bright future with good salaries. You can also do MBA after M.Tech by preparing for it during your M.tech.

SO option is yours. Ask your doubts if any. All the best for your future.
6th July 2010, 10:28 PM
pinnache

ecil,sail,are good companies of chemical engg.
you can also apply through upsc.
rest you can go for m.tech through gate.
6th July 2010, 10:39 PM
yatsra

try to do any courses in vlsi,vhdl
they are most needed at the time of industrial booming in telecom and commercial
6th July 2010, 11:58 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear
as you are electronics engg student.so you have a bright carrier opportunity.you can do after btech

1.mtech(in vlsi,in communication,robotics,radio communication).

2.mba(in finance,in it,in marketing).

all the best........
7th July 2010, 09:48 AM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
as you are doing the betch i will advice you to look for an mba from a good institute like IIM's.doing mba+btech will really boost your career and you will definitely get high salary pacakage
the list of the exam for the mba are as follow
1.CAT
2.MAt
3.XAT
4.GMAT
9th July 2010, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

hiii...i hv completed B.tech in ECE so which course is best for getting tha job in Telecom company????
9th July 2010, 04:56 PM
vipincool38

I have completed b.tech in ece so which course is best for getting tha job in telecommunication company????
12th July 2010, 07:48 PM

I have done B.Tech with Electronics & Commnication with frist class from H.P.University 2009-10 and want job in telecomme filed.Now what I Do for my career in this job.Please tell me further guide line.
13th July 2010, 06:40 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
You do M.Tech, after B.Tech. (ECE),
because specialization in any field give better opportunity.
27th July 2010, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

what are the steps to get a government job after my btech in ece?
4th August 2010, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,am ram,i completed my btech this year and i got 50%.what will i have to do in future and also is their any jovt jobs will available with my percantagplz tell me sir
9th August 2010, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have completed my b.tech from ece.can you please tel me what course can i do now other than mba and mtech so tat i can get
higly reputated job.plz rply.
15th August 2010, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Iam shashi,studying btech final year ece..iam in a dilemma to choose whether mba or mtech...will u please suggest me what is the right path for me for nice settlement????
22nd August 2010, 11:30 PM
srinivasasneha

Quote:
sir,
i have completed my b.tech from ece.can you please tel me what course can i do now other than mba and mtech so tat i can get
higly reputated job.plz rply.
corses offered after btech whole process& in jobs for ece
23rd August 2010, 12:33 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
there are a lot of opertunities that are available for b.tech.since you are in 3rd year you can prepare for GATE also you can prepare for CAT if you are interested in MBA.in my opinion you sholud prepare for GATE because it is not only need for m.tech but many psu recruits on the basis of GATE score.some of them are DRDO,BARC,etc.
Wish You All The Best!
23rd August 2010, 01:16 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

hii...

Since you have passed out your B.tech...dont be in a hurry to get job and earn quick money...Its the best time to study more and get your self qualified...read and study as much as you can ...Go for M.Tech by giving GATE exam or prepare for UPSC exams and PSU exams...You can also do a long term embedded system course which will provide you better prospectus for good jobs...

for more details

http://www.employmentnews.com
23rd August 2010, 04:20 PM
Raj333

dear friend
you can go for job in different companies like
bhel
sail
bsnl
nokia
relince
etc
you may prepared for upsc exam

course for B.Tech. (ECE) student are
VLSI or embedded system
Microcontroller Design
dbms
microprocessor

best of luck.............................
23rd August 2010, 05:06 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What to do after B.Tech. (ECE)? Which course will be good for my field and for getting jobs?

dear friend

after b.tech ECE you can apply for various jobs in both software as well as in core fields.

here is a list of companies that you can apply for

1.BSNL

2.BEL

3.SAIL

4.DRDO

5.ISRO

6.TCS

7.INFOSYS

8.IBM

and many more.

you can also go for higher studies like MBA or m.tech.

after that u can go for PHD also.

there are a lots of fields for you to choose.

all the best.
24th August 2010, 03:04 AM
Unregistered

i m a 2nd year student(ECE 2009-2013) &i want to do mba .so,suggest me that which branch is best for me
24th August 2010, 09:36 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you are student of ECE stream, then you not need to worry..

after completion of your Btech you can apply for a job in govt.sector, as well as in private sector it is upon you..

if you interested for higher study then you have to appear in GATE exam for doing Mtech..

or you can go for different line like MBA in telecom management..

you can do some short term courses in VLSI or Embedded system, which will help you for getting good job in core companies..

so, all the best..
25th August 2010, 01:22 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i m a 2nd year student(ECE 2009-2013) &i want to do mba .so,suggest me that which branch is best for me

I have also mentioned previously that

MBA (Telecom)

MBA (IT)

MBA (Marketing)

MBA (system)

are better MBA options for ECE Graduates.
25th August 2010, 02:52 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you can do M.TECH. after your b.tech. course.

if you are interested in teaching and research work then m.tech. will be best option.

you can appear in GATE for admission in m.tech. course. you can take admission in IITs by scoring good percentile.

if you are interested in business then go for MBA.

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?