24th April 2019, 07:47 PM
SONI NUTAN TOPPO

What to do after completing my MA in English?

What to do after completing my MA in English? Which type of higher studies can I prefer? What types of job can I go for? Should I do job first for few years and then start with new degree?

29th April 2019, 11:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after completing my MA in English?

It is upto you to make your choice. You have both option either to get job or pursue higher studies.

You can pursue Ph.D course or appear for entrance examination to get recruitment in job.

Candidates with master degree are eligible to appear for government job recruitment examination and after qualifyying in it eligible for final selection.

So, select the option according to your plaqn.
29th April 2019, 11:27 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Following are the opportunities one can available after completing MA in English are:-
English Translator
Content Writer
English Teacher
Editor
English Proofreading
Stenographer
Professor
30th April 2019, 01:16 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

After master's degree in English, you can go for National Eligibility Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. NET is conducted by National Testing Agency. The minimum academic qualification required is master's degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum of 55% marks.

The upper age limit for NET JRF is 28 years. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship. You can go for then PhD course.
30th April 2019, 04:11 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There are many available courses such as :-

Ph.D.

LLB.

MBA.

So, you can pursue any course according to your interest. The entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for the admission.

You can go for government jobs in teaching sector and other sector also.

For teaching job you need to have B.Ed or qualifying in NET examination.
30th April 2019, 05:19 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue higher studies and jobs together also.
You can go for Ph.D degree.
Some of the jobs are as follows:-
Banking
UPSC
Lecturer
Railways
LIC
SSC
30th April 2019, 07:01 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Students of English literature can get jobs with the media as reporters. It is also possible for them to get jobs with newspaper firms.
Other fields:

Copywriter, editor, freelance writer, jobs with BPO and KPo firms,novelist, public relation, reporter, teacher, technical writer.

Government career after MBA in English literature:

Civil services, insurance, Law schools, linguistics, tourist guides, decoders, interpreter, Law schools, library, linguistics, teachers, translator etc.
30th April 2019, 08:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Government career after MA in English:

Graduates of English can find jobs in the government sector as well and there are many areas where they can get jobs and some of them are:

Translator, tourist guides, teacher, linguists, Law schools, insurance, civil services, decoders etc.

Candidates from MA in English can get jobs in Abroad too. There will be numerous companies from a variety of fields that requires students from English literature and candidates can get jobs as proofreaders, copy editors, copywriters and writers in the marketing department.
2nd May 2019, 11:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

MA English employment areas:-

Administration
Indian civil services
Civil services
Insurance industry
Jobs with BPO and KPO firms
Journalism and reporting
Law school
Libraries
Research
Teaching

MA English literature job types:-

Consultant
Recorder
Tourist Guide
Editor
Teacher
Reporter
Speech Writer
Technical Writer
Copywriter
Translator
Public Relations Officer

Courses after MA English:-
M.Phil( English)
P.hD (English).
4th May 2019, 12:40 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

You have both options either to get job or higher studies. You can pursue Ph. D course or appear for examination to get recruitment in job.
Following are the opportunities one can available after completing MA in English are :
English teacher
English proofreading
English Translator
Editor
Professor
Stenographer
Content writer
6th May 2019, 06:04 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

MA graduates in English Literature can also find jobs in translation agencies. Some of the posts include copywriter, editor or even as a proof-reader. ... Another option in front of an MA graduate in English Literature is to take up a career in journalism. There are several sectors that recruit MA English graduates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?