25th June 2011, 07:21 PM
kaanju91

What to do to join IIST after completing SSLC with 95% and 77% in 12th?

Sir,

I am Anjali ,studying Diploma in Electronics Engg .
I have completed sslc 95% of marks & also completed +2 with 77% marks.
I am interested in join IIST.What can i do for joining IIST???
What should i study?

3rd July 2011, 12:16 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do to join IIST after completing SSLC with 95% and 77% in 12th?

Dear Anjali

IIST conducts a separate entrance examination for admission to undergraduate
programs, which is commonly known as ISAT.

To get admission in IIST you are required to qualify the ISAT.

If you fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for ISAT-2012 and you qualify the same
then you can get admission in IIST.

Eligibility Criteria of ISAT-2012;
DOB:
It should be on or after 1st October 1987.

Marks in 12th
At least 70% in PCM subjects
(60% for SC/ST/PD)

Marks in 10th
At least 70%
(60% for SC/ST/PD)

Year of Passing 12th
The year of passing 12th should be either 2011 or 2012.

For any further details you should visit:
http://www.iist.ac.in/
8th September 2011, 11:12 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Default Re: What to do to join IIST after completing SSLC with 95% and 77% in 12th?

Iist offers placement opportunities to the b.tech students, primarily in the indian space research organization (isro) hence rewarding them with a healthy and secure profession which will absolutely do a whole lot of good to their future.

Each year the iist offers admission, to aspirants, to their under graduate programmes (mainly b.tech) via an admission test – the iist admission test which gives them an opportunity to earn a bright future.

Structure of isat:-

basically an objective type test which involves questions from
physics
mathematics
chemistry
there would most likely be some modifications this year. There would be 1 mark deductions for each wrong answer and the questions with more than one answer marked in it will be considered wrong.

Eligibility criteria:-

in order to attend the isat, the candidates have to be certified passed in higher secondary board exam in the science stream with atleast 70% overall score (60% for sc/st) and should have indian nationality. Only 156 seats are there for admission in iist at present with 59 and 58 seats for aerospace engineering and avionics respectively and the rest for physical science discipline. The age of the applicants should not be more than 25 years as on the year of admission.

Procedure to apply:-

online registration is required by the candidates for enabling them to attend the isat. For registering online, the candidates are to visit any of the sites given below:

Www.iist.ac.in/isat
http://iist.isac.gov.in/iist

after registration, the next step is to submit their details in the online application form, for which the details will be made available in the website immediately after registration. Then the challan form (fee remittal form) is to be downloaded and printed. Finally, the institute copy of the challan is to be delivered to the exam authorities in isat office by speed post.

All the best………
12th October 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

if i doesnt make it to the iist , am am i supposed to repeat the next yr?
13th October 2011, 09:34 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
IIST is the Indian Institute Of Space Technology conducts the ISAT exam for the admission into the B.Tech course Aerospace avionics,physical science.
The eligibility required for the exam is 70% in the 10+2 pattern of exam in the first attempt .The mark is relaxed by 10% for Sc/st aspirants. You should also secured the same percentage in the 10 too.
The maximum age limit for the exam is 25.
for the next year admission the exam is conducted on 21st of April.
The application for the exam will be available from 1st November.You need to register online in www.iist.ac.in
24th February 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

is there the exam in 2013? when is it?what subjects should i study? from which class i have to prepare?
10th April 2012, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

I dont think they give admissions to fools who are doing diplomas?Sorry Anjali you have a pretty satisfying percentage in your board but i think someone misguided you to take foolish courses like diploma.You should have taken btech in iist,nit,iit or bitsat sorry but you are a looser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14th April 2012, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I have finished diploma in electrical and electronics engg, now im working TVS as a maintanenance engg, doing my part time BE in electronics and instrumentation engg.
But im intereseted in research in space science . wanna came out of this what can i do please help me sir
19th April 2012, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE MENTION SOME GREAT INSTITUTIONS LIKE IIST WHICH OFFERS SPACE SCINCE RESEARCH
3rd March 2015, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

i want to became an aerospace engg.i am willing to join in iist.i am studing 11th now.should i want to pass any exam to join in iist?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?