6th August 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

What to do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester of Computer Science Engineering?

respected sir,
I am a student of computer science engg. in 6th sem. I want to join army.So plz guide me what did I do for this.
I will be thankfull to you.

Name:-DINESH SINGH ANJNA
B.E 3rd year (6th sem )

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Indian Army if secured 70% in 10th and pursuing 12th Science?
  2. Is this possible to join in Indian Army having completed Diploma in Computer Science and pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science?
  3. How to join in Indian Army as a Female After graduation
  4. What Preparation that I should have to take to join Army as a technical field officer being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  5. Internship for 6th semester Computer Science student for 2 months?
  6. List private sector companies in Ahmedabad offering internship to B.Tech students? -- [New]
  7. Is there any openings to do internship in Bangalore while doing my 6th semester engineering?
  8. How to join in Indian Army after passing B.E?
  9. Summer internship for 6th semester Computer Science at Bangalore?
  10. How to join Indian Army after passing B.E Mechanical Engineering from AP? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I give UGC NET Exam for Computer Science branch being a candidate of pursuing Integrated M.Tech in 6th semester?
  12. What other exams besides CDS can an engineering 6th semester student give to get into Indian Army, Indian Navy or Indian Air Force?
  13. How to join Indian Army being a candidate having scored 58% in 12th class and pursuing BE in Information Science?
  14. How should I join Indian Army? I have done B.Tech computer science and engineering
  15. Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?
  16. Procedure to join Indian Army for 21 years old diploma Computer Science student?
  17. How can I join Indian Army being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. What should I do after passing BSc in computer science? Can I join for IPS or Indian Navy or Army
15th August 2011, 12:34 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What to do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester of Computer Science Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir,
I am a student of computer science engg. in 6th sem. I want to join army.So plz guide me what did I do for this.

B.E 3rd year (6th sem )
There are various entry schemes through which you can apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the completion of your engineering. The various entry schemes through which you can apply for in Indian Amry as an officer after the completion of your engineering are listed below.

1.University Entry Scheme
You can apply for the Indian Amry as an officer through university entry scheme. For the UES candidate should have a degree in engineering from the recognized university.
The notification for the UES examination is published in the last week of july.
Candidates of the pre final year and final year can apply for the University entry scheme.

2.Combined Defence Services
You can also apply for the combined defence service examination after the completion of your engineering. This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination a candidate should have a degree in engineering from the recognized university.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the Combined defence service examination.
For the CDS examination candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years.
15th August 2011, 01:04 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What to do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester of Computer Science Engineering?

Hello dear

there have mainly two process through which you can join Indian Army being a candidate of Computer Science Engineering.

1.through UES(university entry scheme). which exam you can appear in the final year/pre final year of your Engineering.

2.through UPSC exam. this exam you can appear after your graduation course.

for the above the criteria which is required is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering in qualification with minimum 60% marks.

2.age limit 21-28 years.

all the best.........
15th August 2011, 02:03 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Default Re: What to do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester of Computer Science Engineering?

There are various entry procedures for you to enter in the armed forces
You can either write for NDA/CDS exam

CDS exam
You can apply for the cds exam after completion of your engineering
This examination is conducted by UPSC twice in ayear
To apply for this examination minimum eligibility is you should be a graduate
Those who appeared in final year exam . can also apply
age limit for this exam is should be in 21 to 30 yrs
14th September 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

When does the UES notification publishes and how much time duration is given for the closing date of application?
20th September 2011, 10:53 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,if you have the caliber you must join the Indian Army.

As you have not yet completed your graduation level,you have to complete it ,then you can apply for then you can get chance to take admission in Indian Army.

There are some selection procedure such as:
Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

According to the Eligibility Criteria:

i)For IMA and OTA you must have any degree from any recognized University.

ii)For Naval Academy you should have B.Sc in Physics or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering(BE).

iii)For (AFA) you should have the degree of recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering(BE)

Age Limit:

i)For IMA:19-24 Years
ii)For OTA:19-23 Years
iii)For Naval Academy:19-22 Years
iv)For AFA :19-25 Years

They select the students through the
i) Written Test
ii)Intelligence & Personality test
iii)Medical test.

Exam Pattern
i) Written Test

for IMA / Naval Academy / AFA
All the three papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
Elementary Mathematics
total 300 marks,each paper 100 marks.

for OTA
All the two papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
total 200 marks,each paper of 100 marks.

ii)Intelligence & Personality test :Generally here checks the Personality of the candidate,GD,group planning, physical fitness test, interview, small lectures on general issues & psychological tests. etc...

iii)Medical test.
After getting selected in interview ,the candidates are called for medical examination which is conducted by Military Hospitals.

Pre-Commission training After getting final selected the candidates are called for Training.
21st September 2011, 08:07 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What to do to join Indian Army being a candidate of pursuing 6th semester of Computer Science Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir,

B.E 3rd year (6th sem )

You can apply for the Combined Defense Service Exam once you have finished your graduation..

The age limit for appearing for the IMA(Indian Military Academy) is 19-23 years.. and you should be a graduate in any stream..

all the very best..

You should also be physically fit and should have a perfect eyesight..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
22nd January 2012, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
I am a student of computer science engineer in 4th semester . I want to join Air Force.So please guide me what did I do for this.
I will be thank full to you.
29th February 2012, 01:49 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you can apply for the Indian Army as an officer after the completion of your engineering. The various entry schemes through which you can apply for in Indian Amry as an officer after the completion of your engineering are listed below.University Entry Scheme
You can apply for the Indian Amry as an officer through university entry scheme. For the UES candidate should have a degree in engineering from the recognized university.
The notification for the UES examination is published in the last week of july.
Candidates of the pre final year and final year can apply for the University entry scheme.
Combined Defence ServicesYou can also apply for the combined defence service examination after the completion of your engineering. This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. To apply for this examination a candidate should have a degree in engineering
1st March 2014, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i am doing b.tech, in electrical engineering, i am in 6th semester, can i apply,in university entry scheme, in this semester??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?