9th June 2019, 12:44 PM
Anjali sain29

What is the educational requirement to apply for NET examination?

I want to know that, whether I am eligible for NET examination if I have completed my graduation form Non-Collegiate and Post Graduation from regular College affiliated to Delhi University?

12th June 2019, 05:25 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the educational requirement to apply for NET examination?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is held by NTA (National Testing Agency) twice every year for recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs across Central Universities of India.

The minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a master's degree in concerned paper with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Post Graduation from Delhi University, you are eligible for appearing in NET if you have completed your degree course with above mentioned minimum marks.

For more detailed information regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
13th June 2019, 04:15 PM
nani2607

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. It is held by NTA(National Testing Agency) twice every year for recruitment of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) across Central Universities of India.

Candidate must have scored at least 55% aggregate marks (50% for SC/ST, OBC- NCL, PwD) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination from university recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science etc. to be eligible for UGC NET 2019.
14th June 2019, 12:08 AM
Deepanshu3010

To apply for the NET exam one has to do Master's after graduation.

But to appear in the exam one has to score minimum 55% aggregate for the general category and for the reserved category there is a relaxation of 5%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?