12th July 2019, 04:29 PM
puja nar

Educational requirement to apply for West Bengal Civil Services examination?

If I have done Bachelor Preparatory Program from the IGNOU then would I be eligible to apply for West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) examination or not? If not, what is the minimum educational requirement?

15th July 2019, 10:58 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Educational requirement to apply for West Bengal Civil Services examination?

You are eligible to appear for the WB PCS examination. The required eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. The examination is conducted in three stages and you will have to qualify in all the stages for final selection.

Degree from distance mode is also valid to appear in the examination.
15th July 2019, 12:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Educational requirement to apply for West Bengal Civil Services examination?

WBPCS is conducted for recruitment of officer in the state service. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. There is relaxation for reserved category to appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages for final selection.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination.
15th July 2019, 01:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required to apply for West Bengal Civil Services examination is a graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. In addition candidate must be eligible to read, write, and speak Bengali.

Now, as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for WBCS examination being a BPP (Bachelor of Preparatory Program) degree holder then I would like to let you know that on the basis of BPP degree you are not eligible for WBCS examination as BPP degree is not equivalent to any bachelor degree course.

For more details regarding WBCS examination, you can refer to the link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1563172697913.
15th July 2019, 01:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for West Bengal Civil Services examination is given in detail as below:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

2. The age criteria is 21-36 years.

You can apply for WBCS after bachelor's degree from IGNOU.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?