18th July 2019, 03:28 PM
Suvi hunt

What is the eligibility to apply for PGDM in IIM Calcutta?

If I am completing my Diploma in Computer Science, then would I be eligible to apply for PGDM offered by IIM, Calcutta? If not, then what should be my minimum qualification to be eligible?

22nd July 2019, 06:06 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility to apply for PGDM in IIM Calcutta?

The first thing I would like to let you know is that for pursuing PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) course from IIM (Indian Institute of Management), Calcutta, you are required to qualify CAT (Common Admission Test) held once every year by different IIMs.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in CAT and therefore for admission in PGDM course at IIMs is a graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates from SC/ST or PH category.

So, having just completed your Diploma in Computer Science course, you are not eligible for getting admission to IIM Calcutta to pursue PGDM course at this stage. But, once you pursue and complete your graduation degree course, you can certainly apply for the same.

For more details regarding IIM Calcutta admissions, you can refer to its official link https://www.iimcal.ac.in/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?