22nd April 2018, 08:56 PM
Meenu2104

What is the eligibility criteria for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)?

Am I eligible for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) as I have scored 49.60% in B.Sc? Would I be eligible for B.Ed after doing my D.Ed i.e. Diploma in Education?

5th May 2018, 12:15 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)?

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET):

In order to be eligible for doing B.Ed course, the basic educational qualification required is B.Sc/ B.A/ B.Com with minimum 50% marks in Graduation in order to be eligible. As you are done B.Sc with less than 50% marks, you may not be eligible to apply for B.Ed course. In order to pursue B.Ed course, besides meeting this qualification criteria you are required to appear in an entrance examination.

Central Teacher Eligibility Test again consists of two stages and they are,
* Primary Stage (I to V)
* Elementary Stage (VI to VIII)

The basic minimum qualification required for the respective stages again varies and the detailed qualification required is given in the below link. Hence, I suggest you to go through the below link for getting more details.

You may be eligible for appear in CTET primary stage. Because the basic qualification required is Senior Secondary with minimum 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2nd year Diploma in Elementary Education.

Click here for More Detailed Information
5th May 2018, 01:46 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)?

B.Ed is Bachelor in Education and required qualification to pursue the course is that :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% and relaxation for reserved category.

So, if you belong to general category then you are not eligible to appear for examination.

No, D.Ed qualification is not sufficient to pursue B.Ed course.

Yes, you can appear for CTET primary school teacher recruitment. For more details about examination visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
5th May 2018, 06:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed is Bachelor degree in Education and it is two year course. The required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The minimum required aggregate is 50%. No, you are not eligible to get admission in the course on your D.Ed qualification.

The minimum eligibility to appear for CTET examination is that candidate must have passed higher secondary and have diploma in education certificate.
5th May 2018, 09:25 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria for the B.Ed program is that you must have completed at least your graduation. As you have mentioned that you have mentioned that you are from diploma background so you are eligible for the B.Ed provided that you have scored at least 50% marks in your diploma.

CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education.

The eligibility criteria for for the different stages are as below:

1. Primary Stage

10+2 or senior secondary examination equivalent or diploma in elementary education from a recognized board.

You must have secured minimum 50% marks.

2. Elementary Stage

Bachelor's degree in any stream with at least 50% marks in it and passed or appearing in Bachelor of Education.

Final year candidates of two year diploma in elementary education are also eligible for the exam.

So, you are eligible for appearing in CTET.
6th May 2018, 12:47 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Since you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing B.Ed for appearing in CTET ( Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) later having completed your graduation degree course with 49.60% marks then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for pursuing B.Ed and hence to apply for CTET Paper II examination as for these the minimum marks required at graduation level is 50% from a recognized university.

But, you can apply for CTET Paper I examination for becoming a primary school teacher after completion of your D.Ed ( Diploma in Education ) degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?