24th March 2012, 08:21 PM
simran joshi

What is the eligibility criteria for GATE exam? In which year of B.Tech can I apply for GATE?

what is the elligibility of gate exam?
in which year of B.Tech can i apply for GATE?

26th March 2012, 06:25 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for GATE exam? In which year of B.Tech can I apply for GATE?

You can apply for GATE during final year of B.Tech. or after passing B.Tech.
Earlier there was also provision of applying in third year of B.Tech. but it has
been stopped from GATE 2011 onwards.

There is no age limitation for the exam but institutes which give admisison in
M.Tech./Ph.D. or any other courses, may have some age bar

The PSU companies where you apply for job on the basis of GATE score
have the age bar for sure.

There is no restrication as per percentage of marks in qualifying examination
but individual institutes which give admisison in M.Tech./Ph.D. or any other courses, may have such restriction.
have restrications as per percentage of marks in qualifying examination for sure.

e.g. If your B.Tech. percentage is less than 60% (for some IITs it is 65% and for some it is 70%)
then you can't apply for admission in IITs.

If your B.Tech. percentage is less than 65% then you can't apply for job in NTPC and BHEL
on the basis of GATE score.
Maximum age accepted in NTPC and BHEL is 21-30 years
(For recruitment of fresh engineering graduates through GATE score).
26th March 2012, 06:41 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for GATE exam? In which year of B.Tech can I apply for GATE?

GATE-GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING conducted by IIT, is an examination for Graduate engineers for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs, BITS etc. and for job opportunity in PSU Companies basing on the score in GATE.

Formally the candidate pursing 3rd year B.Tech. can able to apply for GATE but now only Final year B.Tech. Graduates are eligible to apply for GATE.

There is no upper age bar for application to GATE exam but those applying for job in PSU Companies have their respective age restriction for a particular job.
26th March 2012, 07:09 PM
simmi9044

GATE stands for Graduate
aptitude Test in Engineering is
the common entrance exam all
India Wide to pursue M.Tech in
top Universities.
Gate exam is conducted by
Indian Institute of science and 7
IIT's to gather and organizing
every year.
Eligiblity for GATE:
You have to complete your
graduation in Engineering/
Technology/Architecture.
You must have the master's
degree in Science/
Mathematics/Statistics/
Computer application or
equipment.
If you are second year
integrated Master Degree
program also you can apply for
this GATE exam.
Final students are eligible for
this exam.
Pre-final students are not
eligible for GATE exam.
So as a third year student you
are not eligible for this exam.
After completion of your 3rd
B.Tech you are applicable for
this exam .
All d best........
26th March 2012, 07:32 PM
bablucena9

for gate exam, you should be pre final year or final year of b.tech of that stream.
Otherwise you have done your b.tech course completely. Ok dear
Best of luck
26th March 2012, 07:36 PM
sabyasachi.x16

only final Yr students can apply for GATE.
after Btech you can appear gate as many time as u want.There is no age limit.

10th and 12th score does not matter.

if u have 60% in Btech it is ok. because most of the colg (like IITB) require 60% in btech(for st/sc it is 55%)

best of luck
26th March 2012, 07:54 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran joshi View Post
HI!

In forth year year you can apply in G.A.T.E exam.

You should be Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those if you are in the final year of such programmed then also you are eligible..

For more detail click below::-
http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/2k12/gate...ligibility.php

GOOD LUCK!
26th March 2012, 09:05 PM
rs2792

hi,
in previous years candidate can appear in GATE examination in 3 year of his/her engineering but after GOVT. merges public sector jobs in companies like NTPC,BHEL,ONGC etc in GATE examination then the candidate can appear in examination when he/she is in final year or had completed his engineering.
eligibility criteria of GATE examination are
1.candidate should have the B.tech degree from the AICTE approved colleges.
2.for NTPC and BHEL the candidate should of the age limit 21-30 years and should have 65% marks in B.tech.
ALL the best
26th March 2012, 09:35 PM
zeya007

To be eligible to appear in GATE exam you should be B.tech passed or in the last year of your b.tech.
Earlier you could appear for the xam in 3rd year of b.tech but now you can appear only in 4th year and after that.
Now many of the PSU offer jobs to the GATE qualified students on the basis of their rank.
To get admission in IIT you must have at least 60% marks in whole career of b.tech...
26th March 2012, 10:10 PM
G.S.K.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance examination for admission into M.Tech in
1) IITS
2) NITS
3) STATE UNIVERSITIES
4) ALL AICTE APPROVED COLLEGES

NOTE:- all the government organisations have made it mandatory to qualify GATE exam for applying government jobs.

NOTE :- till last year all the third year B.TECH candidates were allowed to write the GATE exam, from 2012 onwards only B.TECH final year candidates and B.TECH completed candidates can write the exam. Also the M.Sc completed exam candidates can apply for the GATE exam .
Every institutes ( like IITS ) will have their only eligibility criteria .
The candidates who has B.TECH from the IITS and whose aggregate is above 8.0 out of 10 on the CGPA scale can directly apply for M.TECH in the IITS.
The GATE examination will be conducted on second sunday of the feb month of every year and results will be declared immediately after one month i.e. in the month of march.
26th March 2012, 10:50 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

but individual institutes which give admisison in M.Tech./Ph.D. or any other courses, may have such restriction.
have restrications as per percentage of marks in qualifying examination for sure.

e.g. If your B.Tech. percentage is less than 60% (for some IITs it is 65% and for some it is 70%)

If your B.Tech. percentage is less than 65% then you can't apply for job in NTPC and BHEL
6th May 2012, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

suppose , In 2nd year some subject will be fail,and final year % above 60% ,then can apply gate exam for IIT?
6th May 2012, 06:25 PM
monisha_sarabhai

Combined defence service examination is conducted by the
UPSC twice in a year.
To apply for this examination a candidate should be graduate
in any discipline from a recognized university.
The detailed eligibility criteria required for this examination is
given below:

Education Qualification
To apply for the CDS examination a candidate should be
graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible
to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
For the CDS examination candidate age should be between

For IMA 19 - 24 years

For NA 19 - 22 years

For AFA 19 - 23 years

For OTA 19 - 25 years

For more information on CDS examination visit the UPSC web site
www.upsc.gov.in

AFTER GRADUATION YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POST.
13th May 2012, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
sir is it neccessory to concentrate on all subjects in GATE?
and wht should be percentile to get admission in IITs and NITs?
I m ECE student... sir plz reply fast...
Thank u!
3rd June 2012, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

hell sir,
i have average 65% in B.E .then i allow for iit's/nit's ?I am E&tc student.
16th June 2012, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

after external B.E. can i apply gate exam
17th June 2012, 12:08 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

The candidate completed b.tech or final year pursuing candidates are eligible for the GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The candidates will be given admission for M.tech. This exam will be conducted once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should have completed the Graduation on Engineering with any stream from any recognized university.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduatio course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing pre Final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic Criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

For more details visit the website

http://gate.ilsc.ernet.in/gate2012/index.php

all the best.
17th June 2012, 09:20 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

* GATE Stands For " Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering".

* This test is conducted every year jointly by The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and the Seven Indian Institute Of Technology for the admission of B.Tech graduates in M.Tech post graduation programme in the top IIMs Of India.

* To Be Eligible For The GATE examination , you Must Have the Following :

1) You must hold a Bachelor`s Degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture are you must be in the final year of the respective programme.

2) You must Hold a Master`s Degree in in any branch of Science / Maths/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent or you should be in the final year of such programme.

3) You must be in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

4) You must be in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

5) You must have qualified examinations conducted by universities / institutions recognized by UPSC / AICTE / AMIE.

6) There is no age restriction for this exam.

For further details , you can visit : http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/eligibility.php.

Hope the information will help you.
18th June 2012, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

sir, am doing engineering belongs to I.T dept.now am going for a
final year.wat is the progress i have to take to became a
collector.....?wat are the exams i have to undergo?any coaching classes are required?
25th June 2012, 06:09 PM

Hi,

If you are B.Tech final year appeared or Persuing B.Tech 3rd year, you may applyfor GATE Exam. Its Score valid for 2 years.
9th July 2012, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I am chemistry hons holder and my hons percentage is 57 % but have very poor marks in pass paper.can i get oppertunity for sit in gate exam after 3rd year b.tech course?
15th July 2012, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

how many times we can give gate exam?
16th July 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

I complete b.tech 57 percentage and i leave the wt subject in final year any problem for gate exam.
2nd August 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I am in 3rd year of B.E. computer. What is the eligibility marks for gate exam?
What is the (average marks in BE)minimum marks required for G.A.T.E. 2013?
4th August 2012, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Now i am studying at b.sc in maths. am i eligible for GATE exam ?
what can i do ........ to seat GATE exam?
please ans me imediatly..............
5th August 2012, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

hi tis is amit,my ygpa in b.tech is 7.34 ,am i eligible for GATE exam...
8th August 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

sir i have 55% marks in both class 10 and class 12 i m persuing my b.tech from eee branch .I am student of 3rd year .how much minimum percentage is required in b.tech so that i can fill the form of MNC and government company .please reply
8th August 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

If i have 5 years industrial experience after Diploma.Can i eligible for gate examination ?
13th August 2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

what is elligiblity criteria of marks for 4 year BE degree computer faculty?
13th August 2012, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

what is elligiblity criteria of marks for BE 4 year degree course in computer enginnering??
29th August 2012, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE 58.76% IN B.E. AM I ELIGIBLE FOR GATE AND GOVERNMENT JOB IF ELIGIBLE?
29th August 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

I passed D.M.E. from Belur Ramkrishna Mission with 64% & completed B. Tech.(Mech) from IME(I) with 55% marks. My age is almost 46yrs. Am I elligible for seating GATE ?

Subrata Mukherjee
Howrah
5th September 2012, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

if i got less than 60% marks in btech then am i eligible for admission in iit, nit or iiit?
14th September 2012, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

i have less percentage in 10 & 12 ,i m eligible for gate or not.
my b.tech percentage is 64.
15th September 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi i'm 2012 pass out and how to apply for GATE exam and what are all the documents need to be submitted. I have hard copy of course completion cert hard copy signed by principal..How to apply Pls help
15th September 2012, 10:46 PM
mailme.ramkapoor

Hi dear,
You can apply for GATE during final year of B.Tech. or after passing B.Tech.
Earlier there was also provision of applying in third year of B.Tech. but it has
been stopped from GATE 2011 onwards.

Thanks
15th September 2012, 11:35 PM
bhargavipooja

Quote:
Originally Posted by simran joshi View Post

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
◦Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
◦Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes..
◦Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology
◦Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
◦Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
◦Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2013-14.
◦DIPLOMA HOLDERS IN ENGINEERING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.

For any query related to gate 2013-14 examination contact administrator or student

counsellor at your nearest centre. Email : [email protected]
16th September 2012, 12:31 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
Gate exam stands for graduate aptitude test in engineering.
You must be passed a engineering degree in any stream.
Final year student are also eligible for gate exam.
There is no age limit.
There is also maximun number of attempt.
Thank you.....
16th September 2012, 12:46 AM
jayks

Quote:
GATE stands for Graduation Aptitude Test for Engineering.

FRIEND HERE YOU NOT MENTIONED YOUR BRANCH

-it is conducted every year for taking admission in M.TECH.

Eligibility :-

-You should be in the final year of your engineering/technology or architecture or already having a degree

-Candidates in the 2nd year or higher of the Integrated Master's Degree Program or in the final year of the Dual Degree Program..

Important Dates:-

For GATE
Start date for online Registration:- 01-sept-2012
Last date for online registration :- 30-sept-2013
Admit Cards Available online on :- 05-Dec-2012
Date for examination on :- 10-Feb-2013
[U]
16th September 2012, 12:49 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should complete Graduation in Engineering with any Stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing pre final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

The candidate can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

All the best.
16th September 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for gate after bsc (hnrs) in electronics?
16th September 2012, 10:43 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

GATE Eligibility Criteria :

Bachelor's Degree holders in Engineering / Technology / Architecture & those who are in final year of Such Programmas

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

Candidates in the second or higher year of the four year integrated master's degree programme in Engineering / Technology
18th September 2012, 06:53 PM

#)Pre-final year students are not eligible to write the gate 2013 exam

#)Final year graduation students are eligible

#)Final year students with back log in their previous semester are also eligible for writing gate 2013

#)Students who have completed graduation and satisfy the below age criteria are eligible

For IMA 19 - 24 years

For NA 19 - 22 years

For AFA 19 - 23 years

For OTA 19 - 25 years
18th September 2012, 06:56 PM

#)Pre-final year students are not eligible to write the gate 2013 exam

#)Final year graduation students are eligible

#)Final year students with back log in their previous semester are also eligible for writing gate 2013

#)Students who have completed graduation and satisfy the below age criteria are eligible

For IMA 19 - 24 years

For NA 19 - 22 years

For AFA 19 - 23 years

For OTA 19 - 25 years
18th September 2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For gate 2013 you are not eligible because you are not in final year of graduation

#)For writing gate 2013 you need to be in at least in the final year of graduation

#)If you have any back logs,Then get signature of your H.O.D and principle on the application with collage stamp

#)IF you have any other doubts follow the below link
http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/contact-details/

#)If you have any other details you can always post the doubts in this site,Fell free to post the comments.
18th September 2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
For gate 2013 you are not eligible because you are not in final year of graduation

#)For writing gate 2013 you need to be in at least in the final year of graduation

#)If you have any back logs,Then get signature of your H.O.D and principle on the application with collage stamp

#)IF you have any other doubts follow the below link
http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/contact-details/

#)If you have any other details you can always post the doubts in this site,Fell free to post the comments.
18th September 2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
One who want to write gate 2013 should have a graduation degree or at least studying his final year graduation,Even though he have back logs he is eligible for further details look at the following linkhttps://gateapp.iitb.ac.in/GATE/Home

For applying
gate you need to rigister in this link listed below

https://gateapp.iitb.ac.in/GATE/uploadImage.action
20th September 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

b-tech from correspondence persons are eligible for gate exam or not
20th September 2012, 11:23 PM
Astha sinhaa

Hello,

To eligible for GATE exam,you should have completed or in final of B.Tech course with any branch from a recognized university.

- In Gate exam all the questions are objective type.
- Gate question paper consists of 65 questions.
- There is negative marking in GATE exam .
-There are unlimited attempts for the gate exam

Important Dates
GATE Online Applicant Interface (website) Opens:-Saturday 1 September, 2012
Last date for Submission of Online Application:-Sunday 30 September, 2012
Availability of admit card :- Wednesday 5 December, 2012
Date of exam:-Sunday 10 february, 2013
Announcement of results:-Friday 15 March 2013

Good Luck!!!
25th September 2012, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have completed my MCA through distance learning from Maharishi Dayanand University in 2012, Rohtak Hariyana. Am i eligible to attend gate exam 2012 ??.

please reply soon.

thanks
Amreesh
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?