20th January 2014, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

What are the exams for Architecture students who are studying UG level after finishing NATA exam

sir,what are the exams for architecture students who are studying in ug level after finishing nata exam and entering into their course?

21st January 2014, 11:49 AM
sagaryadav199
Member+

Location: india,haryana,rewari,v.p.o gokal garh,house no. 63 ,garhi mohlla.
Default Re: What are the exams for Architecture students who are studying UG level after finishing NATA exam

HI..........
Some of the institutions established during British colonial rule include the Madras School of Industrial Arts, (1850) Government College of Arts, Calcutta (1854) and Sir J. J. College of Arts, Bombay (1857), which started a diploma programme on Architectural draftmanship in 1910. Later, the schools of arts and architecture were also established at Baroda, Hyderabad and Lucknow by the respective princely states. The Indian Institute of Architects was established in Mumbai in 1920.

In 1952, School of Planning and Architecture (SPA) was established in New Delhi, which later became an autonomous institution, fully financed by the Central Education Ministry. At the same time IIT Kharagpur was set up and it included a Department of Architecture and Regional Planning. However, SPA is a built-in environment design and planning apex institution (25 percent of institutions come broadly under this model). IIT Kharagpur is an example of a design school and technology institution, a model followed at almost 75 percent of the architectural institutions in India.

Degrees in planning or architecture are known as “BArch” or “MArch”, different from “BTech” or “MTech” of the technology streams. Both are distinct and independent disciplines. The number of schools of architecture in India has grown from 4 in 1947, 12 in 1972, 50 in 1991 and 111 in 2004 to about 150, today. Almost 60 percent of these are located in small towns and cities and 50 percent have been added in the last decade. According to the Council of Architecture (COA), BArch is offered by 135 colleges across the country. The COA regulates universities and colleges offering the course. It is to be noted though that the Council does not count institutions such as the Delhi-based SPA under its purview.
ALL THE BEST..........
30th July 2014, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the exams for Architecture students who are studying UG level after finishing NATA exam

hello i am priya,
i am doing 1st yr b.arch .is there any options to do additional programs in architecture to develop myself in architecture skill?? please guide me
30th July 2014, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

hello i am priya,
i am doing 1st yr b.arch .is there any options to do additional programs in architecture to develop myself in architecture skill?? please guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?