21st October 2015, 03:28 PM
sara panwar

What kind of preparation is required to clear NET exam? Best university to do PhD in Computer Application?

Well i have done my mca . I don't know what preparation is required for entrance of net for phd. Plz send the detail of phd exam and best university of phd

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PhD in Computer Science or Computer Application? Which university is providing these courses?
  2. What kind of stipend can I expect from the universities offering Ph.D in Abroad? Procedure to take admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the new pattern for CSAT exam? I am doing MSc in Mathematics? What kind of preparation is required?
  4. Admission process for Ph.D. course in Organic Chemistry?
  5. Admission process in Ph.D. under Organic Chemistry stream?
  6. In which subject I should do PhD among Computer Science and Computer Application if completed MCA?
  7. How to pursue Ph.D. in Nanotechnology after M.Sc. in Microbiology?
  8. When the application form of PhD(Computer Science) entrance exam will be published by Anna University?
  9. List of universities which offer PhD in Computer Application in USA to MCA postgraduate?
  10. Is it necessary to clear NET Exam for doing PhD in India? NET exam can be skipped by pursuing M.Phil?
  11. Is it necessary to appear in CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Mathematics? List of colleges which offer PhD in Mathematics without NET?
  12. Can I study PhD in Computer Application from any other university being a postgraduate of SMU?
  13. Gap after post graduation is a problem for pursuing PhD from foreign?
  14. When the application form for PhD in Computer Science course is available at Pune University? Detailed information about this course?
  15. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  16. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Computer Science or Computer Application if I have completed MCA in commerce?
  17. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in home science?
  18. Is it necessary to clear NET exam to get Ph.D admission? What is the use of NET exam for doing Ph.D?
22nd October 2015, 06:18 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: What kind of preparation is required to clear NET exam? Best university to do PhD in Computer Application?

UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test

# UGC NET usually meant for the following posts:

* Assistant Professor
* Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

# Required age limit:

* Must below the age of 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
* There is no any age restriction for the post of Assistant Professor

# Required educational qualification:

* Must have obtained minimum 55% marks in the concerned post-graduate degree.
* However, candidate in the final year of post-graduate degree also eligible.

# Generally the UGC NET is conducted two times in a year i.e. in the months of June and December every year.

# Important tentative dates regarding UGC NET conducted in the month of June every year:

* Date of notification: March
* Date of examination: June

# Important tentative dates regarding UGC NET conducted in the month of December every year:

* Date of notification: September
* Date of examination: December

# Syllabus or different papers in the UGC NET:

* Paper I: Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, Comprehension Skill etc.
* Paper II: Subject opted by the student
* Paper III: Subject opted by the student

# Distribution of marks and number of questions in the UGC NET:

* In Paper I, there are total 60 questions. Candidate has to attempt only 50 questions out of them. Total 100 marks allotted to Paper I.
* Paper II, there are total 50 questions. Candidate has to attempt all these 50 questions. Total 100 marks allotted to Paper II.
* Paper III, there are total 75 questions. Candidate has to attempt all these 75 questions. Total 150 marks allotted to Paper II.

# Preparation tips for UGC NET:

* Candidate must be fully familiar and aware of syllabus of the examination.
* Candidate should have a fixed time table or time schedule for self-study.
* In order to consolidate the fundamentals and basic concepts, candidate should refer NCERT books first of all.
* All the important details such as formulae/laws/principle/theories etc. should be on finger tips.
* Revision is most important things in the preparation of any examination. Candidate should revise the studied matter/syllabus on regular basis i.e. on the daily/weekly/monthly basis.
* Practice to solve more and more mock question papers.
* Make short and simple note yourself for the preparation of examination.
22nd October 2015, 10:11 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What kind of preparation is required to clear NET exam? Best university to do PhD in Computer Application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara panwar View Post
Well i have done my mca . I don't know what preparation is required for entrance of net for phd. Plz send the detail of phd exam and best university of phd
Tips to prepare for UGC NET exam

- First and foremost if you really want to do well in your NET exam the you need to start your preparation well in time. A minimum three to six months is absolutely essential.

- Create a routine that will focus on two things that is completing the topics as well as revising them too.

- You need to prepare yourself according to the syllabus. Do not leave any topic.

- While you are preparing the subjects, keep on making notes. This is going to help you when you are revising.

- It is essential for each and every candidates to refer to past questions. Solving old papers as well as latest year question papers.

- Last but not the least utilize time in efficient manner.

Some useful books for UGC NET that you can refer are :

** UGC NET/SET for lectureship Exam by Sajit Kumar, M. Gagan.

** UGC NET/SET for lectureship Exam by GKP.

Coming to your next question, here are the list of best university to do Ph.D in Computer Application are :

Bhavnagar University
Address: Gaurishanker Lake Road, Bhavnagar, Gujarat 364001
Phone : 0278 243 0002

Guru Kashi University
Address: Sardulgarh Road, Talwandi Sabo, Bathinda, Punjab 151302
Phone:1800 180 2601

Hindustan University : https://hindustanuniv.ac.in/

Panjab University, Chandigarh
Address: Sector 14, Chandigarh, 160014
Phone: 1800 180 2065

B. S. Abdur Rahman University
Address: Seethakathi Estate, Vandalur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600048
Phone No : 044 2275 1347

Biju Patnaik University of Technology
Address: Chhend Main Rd, Chhend, Rourkela, Odisha 769004
Phone: 0661 248 2556
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?