22nd October 2012, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

What is the level of English and GK of IES exam? I am a 2nd year student of ECE branch

what is level of english and g.k. for ies exam...???
i m 2nd year student...of ece branch..
how should i prepare for this...???

14th August 2013, 10:46 PM
srikanth2207

Default Re: What is the level of English and GK of IES exam? I am a 2nd year student of ECE branch

here are objective as well as conventional (descriptive) papers. One paper for GA (General Ability) is part of the assessment system apart from the engineering subject of the candidate. The entire technical subject is divided into four papers (Papers II, III, IV & V). There is a penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by the candidate in the objective type papers. There is a three-day schedule of the written examination, comprising all five written examinations.
Scheme of Examination
Paper I (Objective type):
General Ability Test (Part A: General English) (Part B: General Studies) 200 Marks
-------------------------------------------------------------->
Papers II & III (Objective type) Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering 200 Marks for each paper
----------------------------------------------------------------->
Papers IV & V (Conventional type) Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering 200 Marks for each paper
----------------------------------------------------------------->
Interview Personality Test 200 Marks
------------------------------------------------------------->
15th August 2013, 12:18 PM
shivam2k6

Default Re: What is the level of English and GK of IES exam? I am a 2nd year student of ECE branch

Dear Friend,

It is very good that you are thinking about IES examination at an early stage of your career.

It will give you sufficient time to prepare for this coveted examination.

The level of English and GK is moderate and nothing to worry about.

You should read The Hindu Newspaper daily. It will improve your English as well as it will help you in current affairs.

Additionally, you can study from English Grammar by Wren and Martin.

official website: www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
Thank you.
15th August 2013, 01:06 PM
chikkykranthi619

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination conducted for one time in any year by the UPSC.

The level of the english and g.k. in the exam will be average compared to the other sections because paper will be setted keeping in mind of all the candidates.

ENGLISH Section:

Candidates will be required to write an essay in English. Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of English.Passages will usually be set for summary or precise.

GENERAL STUDIES Section:

General Knowledge including current affairs along with questions on Indian Polity, History of India and Geography etc.

Practice the below book for english and g.k. for IES exam.

G.S. & English General Ability Solved Papers by Made Easy Team.
15th August 2013, 06:01 PM
kota.apparao

Dear friend,
For IES exam the minimum qualification is b.tech.After completion of your b.tech then eligible.The english level in this exam is simple compared to the GRE.Once you prepare for GATE then it is simple.Of course in gk point of this exam is hard but everday seeing habbit of paper and news then it is easy.You see every month magzine news.In preparation point of you must follow the standard text books because in IES exam they give more importance to basics but in GATE if you know the all formulaes then it is easy.So you put more effort to basics for IES exam.You donot fear about gk and english because in this only see the you have some knowlede or not?
All the best.....
11th April 2014, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

there are 4 attemps in ies for general studend ,this 4 attemps may continuous or discontinous please reply as soon as possible?
2nd March 2015, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I am pursuing B.tech in mechanical engineering.
I want to appear in ies 2015 paper .But I am not more about it , how to prepare ies paper . How to improve my english and gs paper .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?