19th December 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my branch from ECE to CS while in 2nd year?

Sir, can anyone please tell me whether I can change my branch from ECE to CS, I am now studying 5th sem in ECE, and I just want to change my branch to CS 2nd year in the same college.
My ID : "[email protected]"

Thank you.

30th January 2012, 12:14 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my branch from ECE to CS while in 2nd year?

As you have not mentioned the name of your college so it is not possible to tell you exactly whether you can change your branch from ECE to CS while in 2nd year or not. Generally colleges do not allow the change of stream in the 2nd year that too after 5 semesters. In normal case you can assume that you wont be allowed to change your branch.
21st March 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

can i change my branch from eee to mech after 1st year
30th June 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Can i change my group from EEE to CSE after completion of first year? I'm studying in Ramachandra college of engineering in eluru
30th June 2012, 05:30 PM
nishantverma1

Dear friend,

The Branch changing option is available to those student who score good marks without having any back in there 1st year, if you score good marks above70% then do consult with your college to change your stream in 2nd year.
22nd January 2013, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam, now am pursuing final year diplomo in cse, how can i change my branch to EEE from CSE in engineering(BE)????
26th June 2013, 10:05 PM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* It is not really possible to shift from one course to another course as you are in your 5th semester.

* This is because if you shift yourself to CSE , you would miss some of the core subjects that was being covered till the fourth semester.

* So, the university would not permit you to do so. So i would kindly recommend you to continue with ECE for three more semesters and come out with flying colours.

Best wishes :-)
5th July 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir now im studying B-tech second year , completed my first year in ECE and i want to change my branch Frm ECE to CSE is there any way sir ??
5th July 2013, 10:54 PM
Sai.asp123
Junior Member+

Dear friend...
You are not mentioned your college name , even though you are pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in ECE. Now it's too late to change your branch from ECE to CS. So, concentratre on present studies.

All the very best....
6th July 2013, 07:24 PM
Ravi dikshith

After completion of five semesters, i think it's impossible to change the branch. The facility is possible only in counselling i.e; in counselling there will be three stages and in first counselling you will choose the college and in second counselling there will be an opportunity to change the college or branch. The only process is that only.But if you are studying in any deemed university then there may be a chance.

Otherwise you can change the college if you are interested and for that you have to pay the complete 4 year fees of the college you are currently studying and then you can get transferred to the college you wanted and there in the new college you can study by paying the fees from that particular semester.This is the only way to your college but there are very few chances of changing the college.
5th December 2013, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

can i change my group from ece to cse after completing 1st year my college is deccan college of engineering and technology
17th December 2013, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

You can change branch if u hv got nice cg about 9. It can happen in private colleges as well as in nit.
17th July 2014, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I going to join in sathyabama university. Ece can I change my branch to case after first year
13th July 2015, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam I am pursuing b-tech in ECE and I have completed my 1st year but I want to change my branch from ECE to CS is it possible.
13th July 2015, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Mam I want to change my field from ECE To CS after completing b-tech 1st year in ECE from meerut institute of engineering and technology(miet) is it possible. Please reply fast I have limited time
14th July 2015, 04:59 PM
sumansahujadam

It is not really possible to shift from one course to another course as you are in your 5th semester.

This is because if you shift yourself to CSE , you would miss some of the core subjects that was being covered till the fourth semester.

So, the university would not permit you to do so. So i would kindly recommend you to continue with ECE for three more semesters and come out with flying colors.
27th July 2015, 10:15 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Hello Friend..

As you want to change your branch from ECE to CSE in 2nd year..

Nowadays this facility is provided to students of various universities but in 1st year not in second year..

And you don't mention your college.. For this it is better to contact to the college authorities regarding this..

From my opinion it is very difficult to you when you shift after 2nd year because you are unable to learn the core subjects of CSE which would be studied in 3rd and 4th semester..

All the best
28th July 2015, 11:30 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

This is not possible to change your stream in 5th semester.
College will not allow this as because you cannot recover your core subjects of 2 years back semester. The possibility of changing your stream is only in 1st year not after that. You have no any other option so carry on with ECE and try to perform better in this.
11th October 2016, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my college and branch from one to another in 1st Sem after applied registration ?
5th August 2017, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir,can i change my branch from ECE to CSE after completion of first year i got 71%in first year and my college is hi-tech institute of engineering &technology in ghaziabad..........plzzz rply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?