8th July 2020, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

What is the lower age limit for female candidates for CDS?

Hello Sir, I am a female candidate and I am 15 years old. Am I eligible for CDS? What is the standard lower age limit for girls? When can I appear for my 1st CDS exam?

11th July 2020, 03:21 PM
Subhishna

Arrow Re: What is the lower age limit for female candidates for CDS?

Yes, you are eligible but only for applying in OTA(Officer's Training Academy) post. Age limit for CDS exams is 19-25 and you should be unmarried. you can appear for your CDS exams once you become 19.
12th July 2020, 10:26 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the lower age limit for female candidates for CDS?

The lower age limit for appearing in CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination for all candidates is 20 years for all four wings of CDS while the upper age limit for appearing in the same examination is 24 years for Naval Academy, Air force Academy, and Indian Military Academy and 25 years in case of Officer's Training Academy.

So, being just 15 years old, you are too young to be eligible for appearing in the CDS examination.

For detailed information regarding the CDS examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
12th July 2020, 06:27 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Post Re: What is the lower age limit for female candidates for CDS?

The lower age limit for a female appearing in CDS exam is 19 years of age.
So,you can give CDS exam when you will be completing your 19 years of age.
12th July 2020, 07:17 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the lower age limit for female candidates for CDS?

CDS is conducted by UPSC twice in a year the examination is conducted for recruitment in defence services.

The common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in the final year of the bachelor degree course.

The age limit to appear in the examination is 19-24 years. It is conducted in two stages.

For more information about the examination syllabus and pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?