4th September 2019, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age to be eligible to appear for UPSC examination?

If my date of birth is 19th August, 2001 then when will I appear in UPSC exam as my 1st attempt? And, how many attempts are allowed to candidates belonging to General category?

7th September 2019, 06:20 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age to be eligible to appear for UPSC examination?

As per the present norms, the minimum age required for appearing in UPSC examination ( officially known as the Civil Services examination) is 21 years by the 1st August of year of examination.

So, having born on 19.08.2001, you can appear in the Civil Services examination for the first time in year 2023.

Also, the maximum number of attempts allowed for General category candidates for qualifying the same examination is six (06).

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th October 2019, 06:21 PM
S4018

Default Re: What is the minimum age to be eligible to appear for UPSC examination?

Candidate must have attained a minimum age of 21 years for this examination. There is no age relaxation, Fee Relaxation and Attempt relxation for the EWS category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?