16th November 2016, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age required to be eligible for UPSC exam?

Respected Sir, I am 21 years old and I want to apply for UPSC exam but I don't know that am I eligible to write UPSC exam? I want to know what is the minimum age required to be eligible for UPSC exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

17th November 2016, 11:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age required to be eligible for UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am 21 years old and I want to apply for UPSC exam but I don't know that am I eligible to write UPSC exam? I want to know what is the minimum age required to be eligible for UPSC exam? Please answer as soon as possible.
If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service UPSC exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
18th November 2016, 04:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Age Criteria Required for UPSC Examinations;

Yes, there is a certain age criteria required in order to appear in UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) based recruitment's. The basic age criteria required is as follows.

>> The minimum age required to appear in UPSC based examination's is 21 years.

>> i.e., you must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1984 or not later than 1st August 1995.

>> The maximum age must not exceed 32 years for General category candidates.
* Maximum Age for General candidates - 32 years
* Maximum Age for SC/ ST candidates - 37 years
* Maximum Age for OBC candidates - 35 years
* Maximum Age for PWD candidates - 42 years
18th November 2016, 08:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to clarify you that, UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and same is a commission rather than an examination which conducts different entrance examination for recruitment of Central government employees at different posts in different departments.

In general, UPSC examination is used to refer Civil Services examination which is held once every year for recruitment as administrative officers. Also the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You age must lie within 21 years to 32 years by the 1st August of that year in which you going to appear in the same examination in case you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

For further details about the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?