30th August 2019, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age criteria for UPSC examination?

My date of birth is 12th December, 2001. When would I'll be eligible to appear for the UPSC examination for the first time? In which year can I give my first attempt? And, thereafter how many attempts will be allowed?

2nd September 2019, 08:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria for UPSC examination?

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years.

So, you will become eligible to appear in the examination in 2023 as the age criteria is as on 01st August of year of appearing in examination.

For general candidates there are 6 attempts, relaxation for reserved category in attempts as well as upper age limit.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd September 2019, 05:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age criteria for UPSC examination?

The minimum age required to apply for the Civil Services examination held by UPSC and therefore often known as UPSC examination is 21 years by the 01st October of the year of examination for all category candidates.

So, being born on 12.12.2001, you will be eligible to appear in the Civil Services examination for the first time in the year 2023 as far as the age requirement for the same examination is concerned.

Also, the maximum number of attempts allowed for different category candidates to qualify the same examination are as below :-

* For general category candidates :- 6 attempts.

* For OBC category candidates :- 9 attempts.

* For SC/ST category candidates :- No limit.

For more detailed information, regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?