2nd June 2016, 10:57 AM
k satyan

What is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting admission to BAMS?

What is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting admission to BAMS? Who can provide me the official details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this. I just want to know whether I can apply for the course or not.

2nd June 2016, 04:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting admission to BAMS?

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery.

Eligibility criteria for pursuing a B.A.M.S. degree are as under:-

Academic qualification : 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Sanskrit.

Age limit : minimum 17 years and no maximum age limit.
2nd June 2016, 10:10 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting admission to BAMS?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BAMS COURSE

** BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery

** Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCB and need to score minimum of 60%.

** You need to qualify any one entrance examination for getting admission in BAMS course.

1. All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Exam

2. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam.

3. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Entrance Exam.
2nd June 2016, 10:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue BAMS course you have to complete your 12th with medical stream with at least 15% marks and 45% for reserved categories from recognised board. After completion of your 12th you have to qualify the entrance examination that is conducted by the universities. Age limit should be in between 17 to 25 years and relaxation in upper age limit is given to reserved categories. Admission is given on the basis of marks obtained in the merit list.
3rd June 2016, 10:28 AM
vickyhansi

The following are Eligibility Criteria for BAMS Course:

You should have passed 12th standard with English and Physics, Chemistry and one of subjects

Biology

Zoology

Botany

You must consist at least 50% marks in 12th standard.

You must completed at least 17 years age at the time of admission.
3rd June 2016, 11:54 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by k satyan View Post
What is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting admission to BAMS? Who can provide me the official details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this. I just want to know whether I can apply for the course or not.
BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate course on ayurveda and it lasts for 5.5 years. This includes one year of internship as well. This is basically an integrated course of modern medicine and traditional ayurveda.

To do this course you need to pass 10+2 exam or its equivalent with physics, chemistry, biology and sanskrit as subject combination. The admission to institutes will be on the basis of both national and state level entrance exams. You can choose one as per convenience.
  • AIPMT
  • PGIMER Entrance Exam
  • AIIMS Entrance Exam
  • BHU PAT
  • CMC Vellore
  • AFMC
Top Colleges for BAMS in India:-
  • Shri Dhanwantri Ayurvedic College, Chandigarh
  • Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
  • Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar
  • JB Roy State Medical College, Kolkata
  • Ayurvedic Medical College, Kolhapur
  • State Ayurvedic College of Lucknow
  • Shri Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Nagpur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?