7th December 2015, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Ph.D through NET exam?

I have got some information just day before yesterday that, NET qualify is a compulsion to take admission in PhD, kindly reconfirm me by latest.

7th December 2015, 09:49 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Ph.D through NET exam?

Eligibility Criteria Required for doing Ph.D:

The Eligibility Criteria required for pursuing Ph.D program basically varies from University to University. Yes, the reason why eligibility criteria varies is "Some of the top rated university do not consider this NET and other exam's score to offer admission into Ph.D". In such cases they conduct their own entrance exam or they follow their own Eligibility for doing Ph.D. So let us say, Veltech University of which the eligibility criteria is,
For Ph.D in Engineering:
>> Master's Degree in Technology or Engineering in the concerned discipline from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks
For Ph.D in Humanities and Science:
>> Master's Degree in the relevant discipline with minimum 60% marks.
But in general, many candidates appear in this NET Entrance Examination to get admission in top universities irrespective of their choice.
7th December 2015, 08:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NET qualification is not a compulsion for admission in PH.D programme but it will help you to edge over other candidates for getting admission in a top university. If you don't have NET score then also you can apply for admission but chances will be less for selection.

Without NET score you will get admission most probably in a private university which will conduct their own entrance exam and interview.
7th December 2015, 09:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have got some information just day before yesterday that, NET qualify is a compulsion to take admission in PhD, kindly reconfirm me by latest.
Yes, if you have qualify UGC NET exam then you can apply for Ph.D course.

Educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
7th December 2015, 10:54 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

No NET qualification is not a compulsion now for being eligible for the course of PhD.
You can do the course of PhD if you crack the Entrance Examinations that is organized by Universities who can credit a candidate with the degree of PhD.
So make sure you appear for the Entrance Examinations of these Universities and once you are able to crack the Entrance Examinations you will be able to take admission for the course of PhD in the University whose Entrance Examination you have cracked.
So the appearing in the NET Examination is not mandatory.
21st March 2016, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

I have cleared NET exam but only by the difference of one mark I din't get JRF...so now also can I get the admission in universities to pursue phd and after that am I eligible to receive stipend from funding agency..please guide me with proper indormation...
10th July 2017, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Is there any rule which says a candidate who has been awarded Ph.D degree prior to July,2009 and have NET exam in 2012 will not be given weightage marks meant for Ph.D degree for the appointment to Assistant Professor?
3rd December 2019, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

To take admission in PHD does one has to be NET qualified i.e within 6% or obtain minimum passing marks in both paper?
I want to take admission through NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?