4th January 2020, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum qualification to be eligible to apply for NEET examination?

Sir, my daughter will be in 9th in March, 2020. We want her to start preparing for NEET examination from now only. However, I am bit confuse about the eligibility criteria. Can she write NEET after clearing 10th only? And, how can she start preparing from now only?

6th January 2020, 08:16 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification to be eligible to apply for NEET examination?

Minimum qualification to be eligible to apply for NEET examination:-

No, she cannot write NEET exam after clearing 10th class.

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:-

Educational qualification:-
The candidate should have passed 12th with the subject of Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognised board.
Candidates who are appearing for the class 12th or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply for NEET exam.

Age limit:-
The minimum age limit is 17 years and there is no upper age limit to apply for NEET exam.

Number of attempts:-
There is no restrictions on number of attempts in NEET 2020.

Nationality of candidate:-
Indian nationals and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.

Qualifying marks:-
Qualifying marks in class 12th for each category are:
General / GEN – EWS - 50%
OBC/SC/ST - 40%
PWD - 45%.
6th January 2020, 09:19 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum qualification to be eligible to apply for NEET examination?

Minimum qualification to apply for NEET exam:-
Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:-
Educational Qualification:-
The candidate should have passed 12th with the subject of physics, chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks from a recognised board.

Age limit:
The minimum age limit is - 17 years
The maximum age limit is - No age limit.

Number of attempts:-
There is no restriction on number of attempts in NEET 2020.
6th January 2020, 09:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for NEET Exam-

- The candidate should have done 10 + 2 with physics, chemistry and Biology as main subject from a recognised board.

- Minimum age should not be less than 17 years in the year of admission.
6th January 2020, 09:41 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to appear in NEET entrance exam after passing 10th.

Eligibility for NEET exam-

- The aspirant should have minimum qualification of 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects.

-Minimum age should not be less than 17 years on 31st December of year of admission.
6th January 2020, 10:32 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

NEET is medical entrance exam that is conducted for admission to medical graduation courses as well as post graduation courses.

Since, your daughter will be in 9th standard in March, 2020. So, currently she won't be able to apply for NEET entrance exam.

She can appear for NEET after 3 years i.e. when she will reach in 12th standard.

However, she must opt for PCB stream i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects to be eligible for NEET entrance exam.
7th January 2020, 02:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is conducted by NTA for admission in medical courses.

The common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with minimum 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

The minimum age limit is 17 years. There is no upper age limit to appear in examination.

So, you can start preparation for examination as according to syllabus of the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?