5th April 2019, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

What is NDA? Can we join NDA after completion of 10th?

What is the NDA (National Defence Academy) all about? Does it offers 11th and 12th classes as well? What is the benefit of joining NDA? I have completed my 10th board exam so am I eligible to join NDA? Application requirement and procedure?

7th April 2019, 10:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is NDA? Can we join NDA after completion of 10th?

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for the examination. The two stages of examination are Written and SSB.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th April 2019, 04:33 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is NDA? Can we join NDA after completion of 10th?

NDA refers to National Defence Academy and as the name suggests it is a defence academy for providing necessary training and education to those who aspire to be a commissioned officer in Indian Defence services.

Further, to join NDA, you are required to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC.

Further, to appear in the NDA entrance examination, the minimum education required is Class 12th in any discipline from a recognised board of education.

So, having just completed your Class 10th, you are not eligible to for NDA entrance examination at this stage but you can appear in the same examination after completion of your Class 12th provided you satisfy other eligibility conditions too.

For more detailed information regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?