2nd April 2012, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Is this possible to join NDA after completion of 10th Class?

i want to ask you that is there any option for nda after 10th pass

2nd April 2012, 12:54 PM
AMBIKACHAUDHARY

Default Re: Is this possible to join NDA after completion of 10th Class?

no, you have to do 12th with science stream
2nd April 2012, 12:57 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate can join NDA is by completion of 12th class.

So, I suggest you to join 12th class which will let you to be eligible for NDA Exam.

One can join the following Defence services by cracking NDA Exam.
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing

Have a glance over the required eligibility criteria to appear for NDA Exam.

-One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized institute to be eligible for Army wing
-In order to be eligible for Navy and Air Force wings, one should have completed 12th Class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of 12th Class can also take this Exam.

As per age criteria, you should have to possess an age between 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this Exam.

You should be an unmarried male candidate to take up this Exam.

This Exam will be conducted by UPSC twice a year.

So, I suggest you to start preparation for this Exam also in addition to your academics.

For updated information regarding this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
2nd April 2012, 01:34 PM
Dilbag86

No its not possible to join NDA after 10 .You must pass atleast +2 to take entry into Indian army as officer.For Non offiver entry there is opportunity even after 10,so I suggest that u should go for Inter then nprepare hard to get admission into NDA.
2nd April 2012, 01:54 PM
priyanka_22

Thumbs up Re: Is this possible to join NDA after completion of 10th Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Aspirant,

It is really good to hear that you want to appear for NDA which in conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

But ,Sorry to say that you must possess 12th complete to appear.

Best Regards for future.

Quote:
"If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes."
2nd April 2012, 02:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, it is not possible to join NDA after 10th standard as the minimum educational qualification for NDA is 12th. But you can very well start preparation after 10th for NDA entrance exam, keeping in view to apply for NDA after 121th.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC two times every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with sound Physical health.

There is certain prescribed Physical Fitness test to be undergone by a candidate after succeeding the written exam. A candidate can finally be admitted to join NDA after personal Interview followed by Medical test.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Conditions of Eligibility: NDA- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II)

Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : %u201COnly unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1992 and not later than 01st January, 1995 are eligible%u201D

Conditions of Eligibility:
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : %u201COnly unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1992 and not later than 01st January, 1995 are eligible%u201D.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examinationcertificates. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
Educational Qualifications :
(i) For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10 2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10 2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10 2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10 2 pattern of School Education or equivalent exmination can also apply for this examination.
SUCH CANDIDATES WHO QUALIFY THE SSB INTERVIEW BUT COULD NOT PRODUCE MATRICULATION/10 2 OR EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATES IN ORIGINAL AT THE TIME OF SSB INTERVIEW SHOULD FORWARD THE CERTIFICATES ALONG WITH PHOTO COPIES THEREOF TO %u2018ADDL DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF RECRUITING, ARMY HQ, WEST BLOCK-III, R.K.PURAM, NEW DELHI-110 066%u2019 AND FOR NAVAL ACADEMY CANDIDATES TO NAVAL %u2018HEADQUARTERS,DMPR (R&R) SECTION, ROOM NO 204, %u2018C%u2019 WING, SENA BHAWAN, NEW DELHI - 110 011%u2019 BY 10th June, 2011 FAILING WHICH THEIR CANDIDATURE WILL BE CANCELLED. ALL OTHER CANDIDATES WHO HAVE PRODUCE THEIR MATRICULATION AND 10 2 PASS OR EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATES IN ORIGINAL AT THE TIME OF ATTENDING THE SSB INTERVIEW AND HAVE GOT THE SAME VERIFIED BY THE SSB AUTHORITIES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE SAME TO ARMY HQ OR NAVAL HQ AS THE CASE MAY BE. Certificates in original issued by the Principals of the institutions are also acceptable in cases where Boards/Universities have not yet issued certificates. Certified true copies/Photostat copies of such certificates will not be accepted.
In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his admission to the examination.
Note 1 : Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
Note 2 : Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 10th June 2011) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
Note 3 : Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for admission to the examination and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
Note 4 : Those candidates who have failed INSB/PABT earlier are not eligible for Air Force.
(d) Physical Standards :
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2010 as per guidelines given in Appendix-V.
(e) A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academics of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
2nd April 2012, 09:48 PM
Ishita1505
Member+

-One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream from a recognized institute to be eligible for Army wing
-In order to be eligible for Navy and Air Force wings, one should have completed 12th Class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of 12th Class can also take this Exam.

As per age criteria, you should have to possess an age between 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this Exam.

You should be an unmarried male candidate to take up this Exam.

This Exam will be conducted by UPSC twice a year.
All the best
3rd April 2012, 01:57 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that you can't apply in N.D.A after passing 10th.

For N.D.A you have to pass the 12th with any stream like:-
> Commerce
> Science
> Arts.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice on a year.

After qualifying N.D.A exam you can join Defence services like:-
> Army
> Air Force
> Navy

Age limit for N.D.A exam is 16.5-19 year.

In this exam only unmarried male candidate are eligible.
For more detail log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/ndana.htm

GOOD LUCK!
4th April 2012, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Can we give exam for nda with polytechbic or after it is completed?
4th April 2012, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Can we give nda exam with polytechnic or after it?
19th April 2012, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

can you provide good institutions which will give training with 10 2
14th June 2012, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE TO JOIN NAVY BECAUSE I COMPLETED MY 10 EXAM FROM (DAV PUBLIC SCHOOL)
28th October 2012, 04:01 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

There is no possibility to join the National Defence Academy after completion of 10th Class.

This is because this exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC), and UPSC has set some eligibility criteria for the application of NDA Exam.

The Eligibility Criteria are :

* Minimum Educational Qualification : 12th with PCM.

* Sex : Male.

* Nationality : Indian

* Marital Status : Single

* Physical Standards : Fit.

THis is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
30th October 2012, 09:30 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY

No, After 10th class you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. To apply for the NDA examination the minimum criteria is pass 12th class.

NDA stand for the National Defence Academy and NDA entrance examination is conducted twice (Named as NDA-I & NDA-II) in every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for selection in the different wing of NDA. Here i give you the details eligibility criteria for NDA entrance examination.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Examination.
-->Pass 12th class from a recognize board/University. 12th board exam appearing student can also apply for the NDA examination.
-->The age must be between 16 1/2 to 19 years at the time of examination.

NOTE :-- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. Female candidates are not eligible to apply for NDA entrance examination.

So, as per eligibility criteria currently you are not eligible to apply for the NDA entrance examination. I advise you to first complete your 12th class and then think about the NDA entrance examination. You can also apply for the NDA entrance examination in the appearing of 12th board examination.

For any more and complete information regarding the NDA entrance examination kindly visit the official website of the UPSC :--http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st October 2012, 06:29 PM
tradus

HI,

NO,It is not possible to join NDA after completion of 10th Class.

This should help
thank you
15th November 2012, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Question Re: Is this possible to join NDA with any stream in army wing

i would like to know if ,i could join NDA with any stream in army wing .
now i am studying in 10th . so, what should be my grades to apply for NDA after 12 .and what stream i should choose in class 11th.
I would be very thankful to u if u'll help me in this.
14th February 2013, 02:23 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

My dear friend,

You can not join NDA after completion of 10th because 12th is compulsory for NDA.As NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is the entrance exam to join the following civil services:

1.Indian Navy
2.Indian Military
3.Indian Air Force

You must have completed your 12th with more than 50% marks only then after you will be eligible for NDA.

NDA is conducted by UPSC and held at twice in the year.

Thank u!!
14th February 2013, 09:12 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

No there is no chance of appearing NDA after 10th
NDA :
1. Candidate must pass 12th from any recognized board with PCM as core subjects
2. Age should in between 16 1/2 years to 19 years
3. Only Unmarried Male candidates allowed.

all the best.........
15th February 2013, 10:39 AM
Pillusb

Hello friend...
Sorry dear
not possible to you to join NDA after 10th because
NDA itself has its certain criteria
you should complete 12th with science stream
your age should be 16.5 to 19 years
only unmarried male candidates are applicable
So, first complete your 12th with good marks then apply for NDA
which is conducted by UPSC
wish you all the best dear....do well
Regards
Pillu,,,
29th March 2013, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

sir can i know about female candidates , means about their qualifications nd how can they apply for nda exams after class 10th... plz help me with these related topics
WITH REGARDS ,
yours faithfully,
MANAN PATHAK
7th April 2013, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Defence acadmy after passing 10 class.
Kindly told details of institutions training in defence admission.
8th April 2013, 09:32 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

NO, it is not possible to join NDA after 10th standard.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good physical and Mental fitness.

Hence as you are interested for NDA, you have to first complete 12th in order to apply for the same.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th May 2013, 01:54 PM
skushagra45

Smile Re: Is this possible to join NDA after completion of 10th Class?

Quote:
I am sorry but you cannot join NDA because the minimum age requirement is 16 1/2 to 19 years. by he time you can prepare for the exam. the syllabus is everything you have studied from grade 10 to 12. You can also refer to books like Arihant-NDA and R.D. Sharma. also refer to websites like www.ssbcrack.com and www.navaljourney.com.
All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?