18th June 2016, 08:52 PM
thasneem.s

What is the opportunities of girls in Indian Army after completion of Mechanical Engineering?

What is the opportunities of girls in Indian Army after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Can you please provide me the details on the same? What should I do next to ensure that I will get a job soon? Awaiting for the response on this. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Job Opportunities in Indian Army after completion of LLB?
  2. What is the opportunities of girls in Indian Army after completion of Mechanical Engineering?
  3. What are the opportunities in joining Indian Army? I am studying diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  4. Can I join Indian Army after studying B.E final year in mechanical engineering
  5. Procedure for joining army after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  6. How can I join the Indian Army after completing Diploma+BE Mechanical Engineering? Which exam do I have to write?
  7. Age limit and academic qualifications for joining Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Whether girls can join Indian Army or not? For which post a girl can apply?
  9. Job Opportunities in Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in ECE?
  10. How to join Indian Army after passing B.E Mechanical Engineering from AP?
  11. Scope for computer engineer in Indian Army? How can I prepare for Army?
  12. Job Opportunities in Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in ECE?
  13. How to join Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in IT? What will be the career scope for me in Indian Army?
  14. How to join Indian Army after completion of B.E? I am interested in Defence(Army)
  15. Is it possible for me to get a job in Army or Air Force after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  16. What are the job opportunities available for girls after completion of diploma in metallurgical engineering?
  17. What are the job opportunities in Army for girls after B.Tech?
  18. What should I study after 12th to join Indian Army? Opportunities in Indian Army for women?
19th June 2016, 12:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the opportunities of girls in Indian Army after completion of Mechanical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasneem.s View Post
What is the opportunities of girls in Indian Army after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Can you please provide me the details on the same? What should I do next to ensure that I will get a job soon? Awaiting for the response on this. Thanks!
If you have completed B.E or B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University, then you are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

Educational Qualification Required:

For Indian Military Academy: Degree of a recognized university or equivalent is required

For Officer Training Academy: Degree of a recognized university or equivalent is required

Age Criteria:

For Indian Military Academy:- 19 to 24 years

For Officer's Training Academy:- 19 to 25 years
19th June 2016, 11:46 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the opportunities of girls in Indian Army after completion of Mechanical Engineering?

Having completed your Mechanical engineering degree course and looking to join Indian Army you are required to qualify CDS entrance examination for joining the same.

--> CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and CDS entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written examination and Service Selection Board ( SSB ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualifications which you must possess for appearing in the CDS entrance examination for joining Indian Army ( Indian Military Academy ) are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must have physical fitness for must as per the service requirement norms.

--> Having Bachelor of engineering degree, you are also eligible for joining other wings of CDS i.e; Indian Navy ( Naval Academy ), Indian Air force ( Air force Academy ) and Officer's Training Academy but for joining these your maximum age must be below 22 years, 23 years and 25 years respectively.

For further details about the same examinations, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
19th June 2016, 03:21 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: What is the opportunities of girls in Indian Army after completion of Mechanical Engineering?

Girls can not enter in to the Technical fields of Indian Army,Navy,Air force,as you have completed your Graduation from mechanical engineering you can apply for the Officers Training Academy vacancies only which is not the technical field of Defense services

This can be appeared through the CDS examination recruitment which is the Combined Defense Services Recruitment which can be appeared by Girls and Boys also,Boys can enter in to the Technical field of these Defense services but only girls can enter in to the OTA of Defense Services.

This examination is conducted by the UPSC which is the Union Public Services Commission every year twice.Generally CDS examination is conducted after the Graduation for candidates for selection in to the
  • Indian Navy
  • Indian Air Force
  • Indian Military
  • Officers Training Academy

There are certain eligibility to appear for these Defense Services such as
  • Should have attained 19 years and not exceed 23 years
  • Should have completed Graduation from any engineering disciplines to appear for Indian Navy and Air force and OTA
  • Graduation or bachelor degree in any discipline to appear for Indian Military

So as you have completed your graduation from mechanical stream you can appear for the CDS for OTA recruitment
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?