30th October 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required to apply for OTA exam? What is the age limit?

what is the percentage required to apply for OTA exams and age limit?

Related Questions:
  1. What are the options available for me after passing F.Y.B.Com? I am 18 years old
  2. Percentage required in Graduation for getting admission in IB? Minimum age limit, height and weight required to apply for the exam?
  3. Required Qualification and Age limit to apply for OTA?
  4. Required qualification and age limit for attending SI of assam police?
  5. Can I jon OTA being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Pharmacy? Minimum percentage required in Graduation for this purpose?
  6. Age limit and percentage required for UPSC CDS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Eligibility criteria for B.Ed if the candidate has done M.Com as PG and B.Com as UG?
  8. Can I join Indian Military after doing B.Com? I am 25 years old
  9. What is the selection procedure in HAS? How much percentage is needed in graduation to apply for the HAS exam? What is the age limit and is there any age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC students?
  10. Age limit to apply for CDS exam? What is the maximum age limit?
  11. What kind of Jobs I get after the completion of OTA course? How to apply for OTA course? Institutes offering this course?
  12. Age limit for OTA exam? I want to join Army Nursing
  13. What are the opportunities for job after completing M.E? How much percentage is required for the job? How much is the salary and age limit?
  14. What is the maximum age limit for central government employee to apply for IES exam? What is the cutoff percentage required?
  15. What is the maximum age limit for PCS exam? What is the qualification required and how much percentage? -- [New]
  16. Age limit and required percentage of marks for Ex-Serviceman to apply for the position of Ticket Checker in Railway?
  17. How can I become an IAS officer? I am studying engineering
  18. How to get a job in Army after passing graduation with the subjects of Psychology and Social Work in 1st Division?
15th November 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the percentage required to apply for OTA exam? What is the age limit?

What is the age limit for selection to Officers Training Accademy
17th November 2012, 12:00 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage required to apply for OTA exam? What is the age limit?

The admission in Officers Training Academy is done through Combined Defence Service
Examination (CDSE).
The CDSE is conducted by UPSC twice a year generally.
http://upsc.gov.in/
The academic qualification required for CDSE (for those interested in OTA only) is
graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
There is no percentage restriction.

Those who apply for CDSE only for OTA will have two papers in the written exam.
1. English
2. General Knowledge
Both papers use to be objective type.

The age limitation for those who apply for CDSE for OTA only is 19-25 years.
3rd March 2013, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

%requirement for joining oTA
28th June 2013, 11:32 PM
Ankur.Sunny

Officer Training Academy - OTA

OTA is the academy of CDS (Combined Defence Service).

You have to appear in CDS Exam conducted by UPSC every Year for 2 times to get into OTA.

Selection Procedure :

• Written exam

• Personal Interview

• Medicals

Pattern of CDS OTA Exam:

Eligibility for OTA :

• Only online method can be used to apply for CDS.

• You can fill CDS Application form Online through this link : Link to apply

• You must have completed Graduation degree in any stream from recognized University.

• You are also eligible for OTA while appearing in final year of Graduation course.

• Your Age should be between 19 to 25 years.

• Both male and female are allowed.

• Your nationality should be Indian.

Physical standard for CDS:-

• For further details, visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in
26th January 2014, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam, I am appearing my H.S(10 2) examination in science(mathematic & phycics). Can i sit in OTA examination?
27th January 2014, 09:45 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

There is no separate Exam called OTA Exam but instead the candidates have to crack CDS (Combined Defence Services) Exam to be placed in OTA (Officers Training Academy).

Not only to join OTA, this is the common entrance Exam to join
Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy.

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to apply for OTA.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Both the male and female candidates are eligible to apply for this Exam.

The required age limit will be 19-25 years.

There is no percentage of marks criteria required for the candidates to apply for OTA. Hence you do not need to worry about the percentage of marks that you have.

If you have successfully completed your Graduation, that is more than enough in making you to be eligible for this Exam.

The complete selection procedure would involve
CDS Exam
Interview
Medical Test

As this Exam is going to be conducted by UPSC, please refer the official website of UPSC for any updated information.

Here it is,
http://upsc.gov.in/
10th June 2015, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

How many question should be right to pass the CDS exam and is any preparation kit available in the market for the same ?
6th July 2015, 09:55 PM
momtazz

To join in OTA(Officers' Training Academy) candidates to appear CDS (Combined Defence Services)conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

AS far as percentile is concerned to do OTA is not stipulated by UPSC any Graduate candidate from the recognized University having only pass marks or a final year candidate
can write CDS OTA.

OTA Eligibility:-

1.Educational Qualification: Graduate.

2.Age: To do OTA candidates age should be within 19-25 years.

3.Nationality: Indian.

4.Marital Status: Single.

5.Male/Female both can write UPSC OTA CDS entrance examination.

To know details visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th October 2018, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

I am PG final year student 23 and I don't have 60 % .Am I eligible for OTA or CDS exams?
14th June 2019, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir.. I am completing my second year final exam Now its my final year... Can i apply for OTA Or CDS EXAMS?
25th September 2020, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

I am passed 12th with 66% and studying bsc 1st semister can I apply OTA EXAM
10th October 2020, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

I'm 25 years old female, by the time I appear for CDS exams I'll be 26 years old. Will I be eligible to apply for OTA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?