27th May 2012, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required to get admitted in IIT?

What is the persentage requierment in iit...please tell me what is the percentage required

10th July 2012, 03:22 PM
tarun121993
Member+

Default Re: What is the percentage required to get admitted in IIT?

Hi..
IIT stand for Indian Institute of Technology. IIT-JEE exam is held every year in the month of April. The exam is held in 2 sessions and each session is of 3 hours. IIT-JEE exam mainly deals with the three subjects i.e. physics,chemistry and maths. All these subjects carry an equal weight age in the exam.There are 15 IIT's in India at the present time.The result of IIT-JEE exam is declared out in the month of May. There is no percentage required to clear the exam.The basic rule is that you have to clear the cut off list. cut off list goes between 180-210 marks. and if we qualify than we have to undergo counseling to get in to IIT.There are around 10,000 seats for this exam. You need to get minimum 60% to sit into IIT and from next year few of the rules are changed, now we have to get 78% to sit for IIT exam.

All the best

Thank you
2nd July 2013, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

if i got below 60 % marks in 10th nd 12th class and 70% marks in Bsc am i eligible for IIT JAM exam
14th January 2014, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

i'm studying in 8 standard and i am still confused about cut-off list and how many students are selected for studying IIT
28th April 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I think if we will work hard we can go in IITs nothing is imposible in this world
28th July 2015, 06:55 AM
Unregistered

Suppose if any student got 59.5 percent in entrance, he/she will be selected or not?
5th December 2015, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

since iit is one of the most recognised and reputed colleges....therefore it also requires students with high percentages....so if we want ourselves to be admitted in iit then we should work hard and make it our main motto and score good..........
23rd September 2017, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam my question is that if I get 65-70% in class12 then will I be eligible for IIT JEE exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?