15th March 2013, 09:30 PM
bangarurajuips

What is the physical eligible to join IPS, DGP, SI?

what are the physical elligibilities to join ips,dgp,si,a
nd other cadres?

15th July 2015, 04:24 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the physical eligible to join IPS, DGP, SI?

IPS stands for the Indian Police Services. Physical eligibility comes into existence for Indian Police Services once you clear the different stages of Civil Services examination that is Preliminary test, Mains examination and Interview.

Physical eligibility for male and female candidates in Indian Police Services, DGP and SI:

1. Height:

>>Male: 165 cms for general, OBC and SC candidates. 162.5 cms for ST candidates.

>>Female: 155 cms for general, OBC and SC candidates. 154 cms for ST candidates.

2. Chest:

>>For male candidates, unexpanded 77 cms and expanded 82 cms for candidates of general, OBC and SC candidates. Unexpanded 76 cms and 81 cms expanded for ST candidates.

3. Weight:

For both male and female candidates, weight should be proportionate to age and height as per medical standards in force.

4. Visual standards:

>>For both male and female candidates, visual standard should be 6/6 for right eye and 6/12 for left eye and 6/9 for both eyes without optical device.
20th January 2016, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir, presently I am in training under battalion police for a period of 1 year post armed branch constable, and my qualifications is b. Com,(hons in finance). My question is that how could i become an ips officer is there any chance?
7th March 2016, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Which post is higher ips or dgp plz give answer as soon as pissible am wating fir reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?