27th September 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IPS after completing graduation with B.Com with 47%

Sir, i want to join ips. I have comlete my graduation with b.com in 47%. Can i apply it or not? If yes, please give me full information about selection procedure, physical recuirment & upcoming recruitment date.

28th September 2012, 01:20 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS after completing graduation with B.Com with 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i want to join ips. I have comlete my graduation with b.com in 47%. Can i apply it or not? If yes, please give me full information about selection procedure, physical recuirment & upcoming recruitment date.
Yes Off Course your eligible to apply for IPS Examination After Completing your graduation Course . The Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for IPS Examination is that the candidate should Complete Under graduation Course from recognized University .

You Completed Graduation degree Course. So, Your eligible to apply for IPS Examination . There is No Issue regarding Minimum Percentage of marks . Only Pass Mark is enough to apply for IPS Examination .

IPS Physical Standards :-

Important :- Physical Standard is every Essential to apply for IPS Examination .

Number of Attempts :-

-For General candidates :- 4 Times
-For OBC candidates :- 7 Times
-For SC/ST candidates :- No Limit
28th September 2012, 03:10 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Of course!!!
Sir !!!

You want to serve the nation, which is really appreciable!!!!
You are totally eligible for appear in this civil service examination, through which one can apply or IPS\IAS.

This examination is conducted by the union public service commission (UPSC).
As the minimum education requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college. You are totally eligible for this civil service examination

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear in the way of becoming a IPS (Indian Police Service)--
1. CAST (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST )
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT EXAM PATTERN-

No. o optional subjects in CSAT-

Physical Requirement-

Age limit--

21-30 years for the General candidates,
21-33 years of the OBC candidates,
21-35 years or the SC\ST candidates,,,

Upsc's exams notification in 2012--

For More Information Please Visit Here --

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Thank you!!
!gamble!
28th September 2012, 04:20 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
Yes you are eligible for I.P.S After passing graduation with 47% marks.

For I.P.S. you have to qualify the Civil Services exam.

After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

Friend there are 4 stage of selection:-
> Prelims Exam
> Mains Exam
> Interview
> Medical Exam

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
ALL THE BEST!
28th September 2012, 07:34 PM

Yes Off Course your eligible to apply for IPS Examination After Completing your graduation Course . The Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for IPS Examination is that the candidate should Complete Under graduation Course from recognized University .12+3 pattern.

You Completed Graduation degree Course. So, Your eligible to apply for IPS Examination . There is No Issue regarding Minimum Percentage of marks . Only Pass Mark is enough to apply for IPS Examination .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission . This IPS is Under Civil Service Examination .

The Selection procedure for this IPS Examination is divided into three stages namely , Preliminary / Main and Interview .

Academic Qualification :- The Applicant should hold Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Age Criteria :- The Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years .

Upper Age Relaxation :-

-For SC/ST candidate :- 5 years
-For OBC candidate :- 3 years .

Important :- Physical Standard is every Essential to apply for IPS Examination .

The Notification and Information regarding IPS Examination may Updated in Official website of UPSC and the Notification for this Examination released in Employment news paper .

This year IPS Examination is already get Over . So, Please wait for Next Notification which is Updated in Official website of UPSC .

For More Information Please Visit Here :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/can-i-apply-ips-after-completing-graduation-b-com-47-a-948097.html#ixzz27lUR9zv1
Yes Off Course your eligible to apply for IPS Examination After Completing your graduation Course . The Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for IPS Examination is that the candidate should Complete Under graduation Course from recognized University .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is Conducted by Union Public Service Commission . This IPS is Under Civil Service Examination .

The Selection procedure for this IPS Examination is divided into three stages namely , Preliminary / Main and Interview .

Academic Qualification :- The Applicant should hold Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Age Criteria :- The Applicant age should be Minimum 21 years and Maximum 30 years .

The Notification and Information regarding IPS Examination may Updated in Official website of UPSC and the Notification for this Examination released in Employment news paper .

This year IPS Examination is already get Over . So, Please wait for Next Notification which is Updated in Official website of UPSC .

28th September 2012, 07:36 PM

Post Re: Can I apply for IPS after completing graduation with B.Com with 47%

28th September 2012, 09:44 PM
santhoshkumar1988

Yes you are eligible IPS exam minimum education qualification is just pass in U.G degree

Education Qualification:

To be eligible for becoming an IPS officer the candidate must posses a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification. Those in the final year degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination taken every year by UPSC.

Age limit: 21-years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is
appearing.
Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more
years exemption.

Number of Attempts : Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.
Restrictions on applying for the examination: A candidate who is appointed to the Indian
Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and
continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete this examination.

Minimum Physical Standard: The physical standards are important for the job profile and the
rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for
25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. The
Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.
Height - Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) - 160 cm
Chest - Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight - 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good
eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No
inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.
Blood pressure (High) - Age 23 - 123, age 24 - 124, age 25 -122, age 28 - 124, age 30 -125,
age 32 - 126, age 34 - 127.
Ear - good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment should not be
more than 30 decibels.
Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Thank u
25th December 2012, 10:04 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Yes my friend, you can. In order to become an IPS officer first you should have to crack the entrance exams conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must be graduate in any stream from reognized University with any grade.
2. Must citizen of India.
3. Age Limit: 21-30 years (Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

No. of Attempts:

1. General Candidate: 4
2. OBC: 7
3. SC: Unlimited

Exam: Exam can be divided into three main sections:

1. Preliminary Exam:

It can be divided into two main papers, one is general Knowledge which is compalsory for all. Second is optional, candidate can select according to his/her choice.

PAPER I:

-History of India and Indian National Movement
-Current Events of National and International Importance
-Indian and World Geography
-Indian Polity and Governance
-Economics and Social Development
-General Science
-General Issue on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and climate change

PAPER II:

-Comprehenssion
-English Language Comprehension
-General Mental Ability
-Logical Reasoning and Analytical ability
-Decision Making and Problem solving
-Basic Numeracy
-Interpersonal Skills

2. Main Exam

PAPER I: GK

PAPER II: any optional Subject

PAPER III:
Language English

This exam will be of 2300 marks as total.

3. Interview

List of optional Subjects:

1. Geology
2. Botany
3. Zoology
4. Indian History
5. Agriculture
6. Geography
7. Sociology
8. Statics
9. Medical Science
10. Political Science & International Relations
11. Economics
12. Phsycology
13. Management
14. Chemistry
15. Maths
16. Physics
17. Civil Engineering
18. Philosophy
19. Mechanical Engineering
20. Animal Husbandry
21. Vetinary Science
22. Anthropolgy
23. Commerce and Accountancy

Best BOOKS:

1. CSAT

2. Gateway to successful career and powerful Memory

3. IAS PRE English Guide

Wish you all the very best........
25th December 2012, 10:25 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Yes my friend, you can. In order to become an IPS officer first you should have to crack the entrance exams conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must be graduate in any stream from reognized University with any grade.
2. Must citizen of India.
3. Age Limit: 21-30 years (Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

No. of Attempts:

1. General Candidate: 4
2. OBC: 7
3. SC: Unlimited

Exam: Exam can be divided into three main sections:

1. Preliminary Exam:

It can be divided into two main papers, one is general Knowledge which is compalsory for all. Second is optional, candidate can select according to his/her choice.

PAPER I:

-History of India and Indian National Movement
-Current Events of National and International Importance
-Indian and World Geography
-Indian Polity and Governance
-Economics and Social Development
-General Science
-General Issue on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and climate change

PAPER II:

-Comprehenssion
-English Language Comprehension
-General Mental Ability
-Logical Reasoning and Analytical ability
-Decision Making and Problem solving
-Basic Numeracy
-Interpersonal Skills

2. Main Exam

PAPER I: GK

PAPER II: any optional Subject

PAPER III:
Language English

This exam will be of 2300 marks as total.

3. Interview

List of optional Subjects:

1. Geology
2. Botany
3. Zoology
4. Indian History
5. Agriculture
6. Geography
7. Sociology
8. Statics
9. Medical Science
10. Political Science & International Relations
11. Economics
12. Phsycology
13. Management
14. Chemistry
15. Maths
16. Physics
17. Civil Engineering
18. Philosophy
19. Mechanical Engineering
20. Animal Husbandry
21. Vetinary Science
22. Anthropolgy
23. Commerce and Accountancy

Best BOOKS:

1. CSAT

2. Gateway to successful career and powerful Memory

3. IAS PRE English Guide

Wish you all the very best........
26th December 2012, 06:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

B.Com graduates can apply for the Indian Police Service. In fact any student with bachelor degree can apply for Indian Police Service. Do not worry about the percentage since it is not considered when applying for the Indian Police Service.

Indian Police Service exam is conducted as part of Civil Service Examination by the Union Public Service Commission. The IPS officer is responsible for maintaining law and order in the state. Although IPS officers are selected by Central government on the recommendation of Union Public Service Commission, they work under the state government.

The responsiblity of IPS officer also include taking part in the anti terror operations and providing VIP security.

Eligibility

1. The candidate should be a citizen of India.

2. He should hold a bachelor degree from any recognized university.

3. No criteria for percentage.

4. The minimum age limit is 21 and maximum age limit is 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation in upper age for OBC.

6. For SC/ST there is 5 years relaxation.

Physical Requirements

Height

Male: 165 cm for SC/General/OBC and 160 cm for ST.

Female: 150 cm for SC/OBC/General and 145 cm for ST.

Weight:

The weight of both male and female should be proportionate to height and age.

Chest

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

Eye Sight:

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

Selection Procedure

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Interview

The candidates first have to appear for preliminary exam which contains 2 papers. After that only those who manages to clear it are called for Main exams where they are required to give 9 written papers. This is followed by a personal interview.
29th December 2012, 09:02 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you can definitely apply for IPS Civil services Examination if you have completed your graduation from commerce stream with 47% marks.

The Qualifications that you should have for this exam are :

* you should hold a Bachelor`s Degree in any stream from any recognized college/university no matter how much percentage you have got.

* your age should lie in between :

* Nationality : Indian.

So , you are definitely eligible if you have the above mentioned qualifications.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
17th April 2013, 12:43 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Services.

Yes, you can apply for IPS.

The Indian Police Service is one of the three All India Services civil services of the Government of India.

The IPS is not a law enforcement agency; rather it is a civil service in which officers are selected on the basis of professional merit as proven by competitive examinations, and to which all senior police officers are professionally identified.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission conducts IPS examination every year.

The eligibility criteria required for the IPS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any stream from any recognized college or university.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation:- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contenders.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* No. of attempts:- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contenders.

* Physically and mentally fit.

23rd December 2013, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

I am passed my graduation examination in2013, i want to join IPS plese tell me the procedure to join it
23rd December 2013, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

I am passed my graduation examination in2013, i want to join IPS plese tell me the procedure to join it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?