26th April 2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to apply for CPT after B.Com?

how to apply whate is proses is c.p.t.is nessary after b.com hoe many year it takes to do c.a

30th April 2013, 11:27 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to apply for CPT after B.Com?

Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is open only to those students who are already registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.

The CPT exam is entry level for those students who want to make there career in Chartered Accountancy.The test consist of four subjects,
1.Accounting,
2.Mercantile Laws,
3.General Economics and
4.Quantitative Aptitude.

Registration is done throughout the year.

The registration form can be submitted at the nearest regional branch or to the institutes offices as prescribed in the prospectus.

All The details regarding registration process, examination forms, etc. are available in the prospectus and will guide you at every stage.

You may also visit www.icai.org, the official website of ICAI to have all the information including the address of the regional offices, head offices etc.

You can apply for CPT online & offline.

• You can fill up the CPT 2011 examination application form online at http://icaiexam.icai.org
  • You can also obtain the form from the following address:

Additional Secretary (Examinations),
    The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
    ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg,
    New Delhi – 110 002.

27th August 2013, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

wt is the adress of the institution in hyderabad from where we can acquire the application from to register for cpt exam??
27th August 2013, 05:55 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to apply whate is proses is c.p.t.is nessary after b.com hoe many year it takes to do c.a
You can get direct admission in the IPCC Stage of the CA course after completion of B.COM and get exemption from CPT Stage if you meet the below conditions

>> Commerce Graduates needs to score minimum aggregate of 55% marks in B.COM to get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams.

A candidates can get exemption from giving the CPT exams if he/she has studied atleast 3 papers from the below list of papers.
Accounting,
Auditing,
Mercantile Laws,
Corporate Laws,
Economics,
Management including Financial Management,
Taxation including Direct Tax Laws, Indirect Tax Laws etc.,
Costing,
Business Administration,
Management Accounting

For Non Commerce Graduates, if they have scored more than 60% marks in Graduation, they get exemption from appearing in the CPT exams and get direct admission in the IPCC stage
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?