4th July 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become a defence officer after finishing BSc CS?

After finishing bsc cs , wat is the procedure and exams to become a defence officer ?

12th July 2015, 06:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become a defence officer after finishing BSc CS?

Since you have completed B.Sc Computer Science which is a bachelor degree course so for becoming a defense officer you will have to clear CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held twice every by Union Public Service Commission and are commonly known as CDS I & CDS II. It has four wings which are as given below along with their required educational qualification and age limit :-

* Naval Academy ( NA ) for which you are required to have bachelor degree with Physics or Mathematics or any engineering course with age lying within 19 years to 22 years.

* Indian Air force Academy ( IAF ) for which you are required to have educational qualification same as NA with age lying within 19 years to 23 years.

* Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) for which you must have bachelor degree with any discipline with age must be within 19 years to 24 years.

* Officer's Training Academy ( OTA) for which the educational qualification required is same as for the IMA but age limit is 19 years to 25 years.

Also for appearing in this examination you must have the nationality of India and you must hold physical & mental toughness as per the service norms.

The examination is held in two stages which are as :- Stage I) General ability test & Stage II) Service Selection Board interview.

For more information regarding the syllabus, pattern, keydates and other necessary things you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?