18th April 2019, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for female candidates to join Indian Navy?

As I am a girl so I want to know about joining of women in Navy and also about stream to take in 11th so that I could join the Navy. Please tell me about the age limit for Indian Navy as well? Please answer as soon as possible.

25th April 2019, 12:05 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for female candidates to join Indian Navy?

Being a female candidate, you can join Indian Navy after completing graduation only.

Without completing graduation course, you are not eligible for any entry in Indian Navy.

For Naval Architecture entry, you must have completed B.E/B.Tech in Civil or Mechanical or Aeronautical or Metallurgy or Naval Architecture with 60% marks.

Likewise, for Observer entry, you must have completed B.E./B.Tech in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics in 12th standard.

Similarly, for ATC and Pilot General, you must have completed B.E./B.Tech in any discipline. Also, you must have Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.

For detailed information, you may visit their official site: https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/en...-the-navy.html
25th April 2019, 09:36 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure for female candidates to join Indian Navy?

Not, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy being a female candidate. As per the UPSC guidelines, only unmarried male candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board and those who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy. So, being a female candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?