6th May 2018, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to join Indian Army for female candidates?

Sir, I am Anusha completed my 10+2 in 2017 and now I am studying B.Tech 1st year of Electronics and Communications Engineering. But I am so much interested in Army. How can I join in it and I don't have NCC certificate also. Please advise.

15th July 2018, 04:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join Indian Army for female candidates?

Being a Class 12th passed girl candidate there is no possible entry through which you can join Indian Army as the minimum education required by girl candidates to join defense services is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, being a student of 1st year of Electronics and Communication Engineering degree, you are eligible to join Indian Army through OTA (Officer's Training Academy) by qualifying CDS (Combined Defense Services) entrance examination once you complete your engineering degree course.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2018, 05:10 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

You are pursuing in 1st year of B.Tech course but you will become eligible to appear in CDS examination after completion of B.Tech course or while pursuing in final year examination.

Candidates after qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment in Officer's Training Academy.

The age limit is 19-25 years. The examination will be conducted in two stages and after qualifying in it will become eligible for recruitment.
15th July 2018, 06:15 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The entry to Indian Army at 10+2 level is given through NDA ( National Defense Academy) conducted by UPSC every year.

One of the most important criteria for NDA is that only unmarried male candidate are eligible. Female candidate are not eligible for NDA exam to join Indian Army at 10+2 level.

So, after completing your Bachelor in Technology you can apply for CDS to join Indian Army and Indian Air Force.
15th July 2018, 06:22 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a female candidate of B.tech first year you are not eligible to apply for defense services job at this stage but once you complete your B.Tech degree course you are eligible to join Indian Army as a commissioned officer by joining OTA ( Officer's Training Academy ) by qualifying CDS entrance examination.

For more detailed information regarding CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th July 2018, 09:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CDS ( Combined Defence Service ) provides a better opportunity to female candidates to join defence service.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. Girls candidate can appear for recruitment in OTA.

The required eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 20-25 years. Only unmarried candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you will become eligible to appear in examination after bachelor degree.
16th July 2018, 12:25 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

At 12th level, female candidates are not eligible for NDA exam for jobs in Defence.

You can apply for CDS examination for job in different wings of Defence. In final year of B.Tech, you can apply for CDS as well as AFCAT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?