23rd December 2015, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria followed for female candidates to join Indian Navy?

My name in kiran rajesh sharma my age is 15 my birth date is 5-5-2001 my favourite sports is swimming my school name is shardasharma vidyamandir high school i want to join indian navy. Awaiting for the answer soon as possible. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for B.Com female student
  2. Eligibility to become an Observer in Indian Navy for female B.E. graduate?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy? I am a 11th science student
  4. What is the eligibility criteria asked for Navy? Am I eligible to apply if I have completed diploma in electronics and telecom?
  5. What should I do to ensure that I join the Indian navy after completion of 10th standard?
  6. Exam for women to join Indian Navy? Criteria and selection pattern?
  7. Eligibility criteria for female candidates to get into defence forces?
  8. What is the eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy after completion of Engineering?
  9. Can i join Indian Navy directly after completing apprentice?
  10. Eligibility criteria to join the Indian Navy? Procedure and branches in which girls can apply?
  11. How can a female(SC) B.Tech student join Indian Navy?
  12. Eligibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Commerce student?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy after completing 10th being a female candidate?
  14. Can I join Indian Navy being a female B.Com candidate? When the Women Entry will be started?
  15. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  16. Can I become an Officer in Indian Navy after completing 12th being a female candidate?
  17. Is there any scope in Indian Navy for Arts student? Possibility to join?
  18. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd December 2015, 01:30 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for female candidates to join Indian Navy?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy at the age of 15 years.

To join Indian Navy as a women cadet you requires following eligibility criteria :-

Candidate must have passed B.E/B.tech from any recognised university with at least 60% aggregate.

Candidate must have Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 or diploma degree.

Candidates age must be between 19.5-25 years.

So, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy now. For more details about entry in Indian Navy for women click on http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
23rd December 2015, 02:57 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria followed for female candidates to join Indian Navy?

Eligibility criteria followed for female candidates to join Indian Navy :
  • Candidate must be citizen of India.
  • Candidate must be unmarried.
  • Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.
  • Candidate must have secured more than 60% marks in graduation degree.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 25 years.
  • Candidate have to pass CDS exam.
23rd December 2015, 04:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For female candidates joining Indian Navy is only possible after graduation through CDS exam. Hence, try to pass your class 12th with PCM stream and complete the graduation in the same field.

The age limit for Indian Naval Academy through CDS is 19 to 22 years. Selection will be based on the written exam and SSB interview. Maths and Physics are important for Navy and you should complete studies in these subjects only.
23rd December 2015, 09:46 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The candidates who wish to pursue their career in Indian Navy has to appear for Short service commission (SSC) conducted by UPSC.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear for SSC examination is that the candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized university.

Women are eligible in following branches as Indian navy officer:

* ATC
* Education
* Law
* Logistics
* Observer
* Naval architecture

The minimum age limit to be eligible for applying above branches is 19 years of age.

The official website for Indian navy is http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/women_entry.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?