15th April 2015, 03:50 PM
kiara hemnani

What is the procedure to get admission in IGNOU for MCA?

can you please tell me the entire procedure to get admission in ignou for mca???

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure to do MCA from IGNOU, Delhi? What is the fee structure?
  2. Minimum percentage required for admission in MCA course of IGNOU?
  3. Procedure for admission to MCA from Mumbai university? Can i take admission in the current year?
  4. What is the procedure to get admission in IGNOU for MCA? -- [New]
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for MCA? Can I do MCA after doing BCA from IGNOU? What is the admission procedure?
  6. Admission procedure and fee structure for MCA from IGNOU, Kolkata? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I study MCA in IGNOU if completed BCA 2 years ago? Is it possible to get Technical jobs after completing MCA from IGNOU?
  8. Is MCA from IGNOU a good course? Can i get Govt. jobs afterwards and be eligible for GATE?
  9. Can I take admission for MCA in IGNOU having completed B.Sc. Maths? Required documents for getting admission?
  10. What is the procedure for admission in IGNOU? Can I pursue it from ASANSOL?
  11. Am I eligible to take admission in MCA? I am doing BCA through correspondence course in IGNOU
  12. Detailed information, procedure to apply, documents required and fee to study H.S. in IGNOU? After H.S. from IGNOU can I get admission in Pune University?
  13. Admission procedure for joining M.Com program offered by IGNOU? What's the last date of submission for admission forms?
  14. Job Opportunities after completion of MCA course from IGNOU?
  15. How to take admission in MSW course from IGNOU? What is the criteria and procedure for admission?
  16. Can I get admission for MCA in IGNOU after scoring 50% in BSc
  17. Can I get admission in MCA management? What is the procedure? Is there any scope for MCA commerce? I have not done document verification for MCA admission
  18. Is it possible to do MCA from IGNOU?
16th April 2015, 09:26 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to get admission in IGNOU for MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara hemnani View Post
can you please tell me the entire procedure to get admission in ignou for mca???
The admission criteria are simple, to get admission into MCA (Master in computer application), you have to complete your 3 year graduate degree course from a recognized university with maths as a compulsory subject. Those who have not studied maths in Graduation, then they have to pass the BCS-012 course concurrently with IGNOU MCA.

~~ Course Fees: 54,000 i.e. 9,000 per semester.

If you have completed your bachelor degree, then you are eligible to apply for admission in IGNOU.

Well the last date for admission through the distance programme for session 2015 is already over, the date of application is 15 December 2014. Well, for exact information better to contact the IGNOU, they will guide you properly.

The admission procedure is simple, you just have to purchase a Prospectus available at IGNOU Regional Centres Panchkula and Study Centres at USOL, PU-Chandigarh, SGGS Khalsa College and DAV College Chandigarh, MDSD College, Ambala, Panjabi University, Patiala on cash payment of Rs 200/- at the sale counter. You have to fill the complete application form and submit to the IGNOU.

MCA Course Subjects:

First Semester:

MCS-011: Problem Solving and Programming
MCS-012: Computer Organisation and Assembly Language Programming
MCS-013: Discrete Mathematics
MCS-014: Systems Analysis and Design
MCS-015: Communication Skills
MCSL-016: Internet Concepts and Web design (Lab Course)
MCSL-017: Lab (C and Assembly Language Programming) (Lab Course)

[B]Second Semester:/B]

MCS-021: Data and File structures
MCS-022: Operating System concepts
MCS-023: Introduction to Database Management Systems
MCS-024: Object Oriented Technology and Java Programming
MCSL-025: Lab (Data Structures using C, WINDOWS 2000, LINUX / UNIX, Java and MS? ACCESS, My SQL)

Third Semester:

MCS-031: Design and Analysis of Algorithms
MCS-032: Object Oriented Analysis and Design
MCS-033: Advanced Discrete Mathematics
MCS-034: Software Engineering
MCS-035: Accountancy and Financial Management
MCSL-036: Laboratory Course (For Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Engineering and Accountancy and Financial Management)

Fourth Semester:

MCS-043: Advanced Database Management Systems
MCS-044: Mini Project

Fifth Semester:

MCS-051: Advanced Internet Technologies
MCS-053: Computer Graphics and Multimedia
MCSE-003: Artificial Intelligence and Knowledge Management
MCSE-004: Numerical and Statistical Computing
MCSE-011: Parallel Computing

Sixth Semester:

MCSP-060: Project
19th April 2015, 07:53 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiara hemnani View Post

Procedure to get admission in IGNOU for Master of Computer Applications (MCA)

Duration: 3 Years - 6 Years (semesters -6)

Semesters: 6

Course Fee: Rs. 54,000 (Rs. 9,000 per semester) , if you had studied Maths at +2 or graduation level

Course Fee: Rs. 54,000 + Rs.1200 , For non-maths students at +2 or graduation level

Eligibility:Any Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3(three) year duration from a recognized University” AND “Mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level or graduation level; else the student is required to pursue and pass the BCS-012 course concurrently with IGNOU MCA.

For more details, please find the information guide attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IGNOUMCAPROGRAMME_GUIDE.pdf(1.88 MB, 357 views)
19th April 2015, 09:22 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

For admission in IGNOU for Masters in Computer Application(MCA) course candidates have to fill the admission form and only those students eligible to carry can take admission .
Eligibility criteria :Candidate needs to have a three years Bachelors degree in computer or mathematics disciple from any recognized university and for students of other disciple in bachelors degree need to register for BCS.
Course duration is of three years and 6 semesters .
There is no any age restriction for the above mentioned course.
20th April 2015, 08:21 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The procedure to get admission in IGNOU for MCA course are following:-

MCA programme comes under School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS)

Educational eligibility:

Any Bachelor’s degree holder with minimum three year duration from a recognized University can apply for the admission.The candidate must posses 10+2 level or graduation level degree with Mathematics as one of the subject; else the candidate is required to pursue and pass the BCS-012 course concurrently with IGNOU MCA.

There is neither minimum nor maximum age bar to apply for the course.

The minimum duration for the course is 3 years and the maximum is 6 years.

The course fee is Rs. 54000 divided into Rs. 9,000 per semester.
For non-maths students, an additional fee of Rs. 1,200 has to be paid for BCS-012 course.

The MCA programme is divided into 6 semesters during the 3 year course.

The first year courses are aimed at skills development in computers using various technologies,

The second year is more focused on core courses providing conceptual frame work,

The third year provides the specialization and the project work.
20th April 2015, 10:51 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU offers admission to Master of Computer Application(MCA)in both January & July Sessions. MCA is a 3 years degree course in Indira Gandhi National Open University consist of six semesters, two semesters per year.

To get admission into MCA course you must be a graduate from a recognized university. However, if you have not pursued Mathematics as a main subject at 12th then you are required to pursue and pass the CS-60 course along with other MCA courses.

Procedure of admission in IGNOU is very easy.You can get common prospectus from IGNOU Regional Center or download it from offical website of IGNOU. you will have to make a Demand Draft of the required fee in favor of IGNOU payable at your Regional Center.

After fill the admission form and identity care you will get prospectus. After that you will do attache some following documants like Photograph, Attested copies of certificates educational qualification, Experience certificate wherever required,Age certificate for reserve candidate wherever required, Student Card duly filed in along with photograph, Acknowledgement card duly stamped, Copy of ID card if Employee of IGNOU/KVS.

All these document submit to the IGNOU Regional Center where you want to get admission.

Best MCA Colleges Under Indira Gandhi National Open University for the admission MCA-
  • Institute of Public Health & Hygiene
  • Padre Conceicao Community College
  • IDARA Jan Shiksha Community College
  • Shri Ram Community College
  • Urmila Community College
  • Community College of Technology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?