11th September 2013, 01:58 PM
thamizhvaanan

What is the procedure to join in Indian Army? I have completed diploma in computer engineering

i have completed my diplomo in computer engineering and i am 19 years old and i want to know the procedures to join in an INDIAN ARMY.

28th May 2015, 10:21 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join in Indian Army? I have completed diploma in computer engineering

To join Indian Army having done diploma course which is considered equivalent to the Senior secondary degree you have the option of cracking National Defense Academy examination for joining the same but you are not eligible for same as you are now over 19 years and the upper age limit for the same examination is 19 years .

But you still have the option of Combined Defense Services examination for joining Indian Army for which you will have to complete your graduation with any stream of choice at first as the minimum educational qualification for the same is a bachelor degree .

The other qualifications required for this examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India .

* Your age must be within 19 years to 25 years for your desired wing .

* The physical and mental fitness required as per the norms of service .

The examination is held twice in year by Union Public Service Commission and are generally known as CDS I and CDS II .

Also the examination is held in two stages which are known as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview .

For more information and notifications about the upcoming examinations log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?