2nd April 2013, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to study genetic engineering?

what is the procedure to study genetical engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Percentage needed to apply for MSc Genetic Engineering? What is the procedure?
  2. How to study genetic engineering after passing 10th? What subjects are required for genetic engineering
  3. How to study genetic engineering? I have to study biotechnology before genetic engineering -- [New]
  4. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  5. Eligibility for genetic engineering? Can BIPC students study genetic engineering?
  6. How to become a genetic engineer? Procedure to apply in colleges to do genetic engineering
  7. What are the courses eligible for genetic engineering students?
  8. Procedure and eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
  9. Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?
  10. Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later?
  12. Procedure to get admission for Genetic Engineering course after completion of 12th Class with 97% of marks?
  13. What is the procedure to study genetic engineering?
  14. Career options in Genetic Engineering? Can we get a good package in this field? Can I do it after 12th? What is the procedure for it?
  15. Procedure to get admission for Genetic Engineering after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  16. How to join genetic engineering after studying 12th in science
  17. How to study genetic engineering while studying 11th?
  18. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
2nd April 2013, 05:30 AM
being aman

Default Re: What is the procedure to study genetic engineering?

For studying genetic engineering you must have physics chem maths and/or biology in

your 10+2 level.Universities offer Bsc/Btech/Msc/Mtech degrees in this course.Most of

the reputed universities like IITs take entrance test for admissions to their courses.After

that you can do PhD to gain further specialization.
2nd April 2013, 09:02 AM
manjusha2494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the procedure to study genetical engineering?
Genetic Engineering involves altering or manipulating an organism's genome to create a new and useful result.

Procedure:-
1)The necessary genes need to be manipulated have to be 'isolated' from the main DNA helix

2)The genes are 'inserted' into a transfer medium like a plasmid.

3)The transfer medium (i.e. plasmid) is then inserted into the organism needed to be modified.

4)The element of transformation, whereby several different methods, including DNA guns, bacterial transformation or viral insertion can be used to apply the transfer medium to the new organism.

5)At the final stage separation occurs, where the Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) is now isolated from other organisms which have not been successfully modified.
23rd March 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

I just completed my 10th class and I want to study in genetics. In class 11 which subjects will I have to study? and which entrance exam will I have to give - JEE or GUJCET?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?