22nd March 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?

I have biology as well as biotechnology as my subjects in class XII along with chem, phy and eng. I am interested in doing Genetic Engineering. May I please know the procedure of doing Genetic Engeering, its colleges, minimum quallification and fees structure.

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum qualification required to do Biotechnology Genetic Human Course? Procedure for admission to the course?
  2. Minimum qualification required to pursue Biotechnology Genetic Human? Procedure for admission?
  3. Genetic Engineering after 12th? Fee structure, scope, duration and procedure?
  4. List of colleges offering genetic engineering in india? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Colleges offering Genetic Engineering courses in India and Abroad? Required Qualification to pursue these courses?
  6. What CET score is required for pursuing genetic engineering? List of colleges offering such course? I've completed 12th std
  7. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
  8. What is the duration of genetic engineering course? Fee structure for the same?
  9. Which are the colleges offering correspondence course in Mumbai? What is the procedure and fee structure?
  10. List of M.Tech genetic engineering colleges in USA and Canada? What is the procedure to apply? Eligibility and the fee structure?
  11. What is the qualification for genetic engineering after passing 12th exam? What are the colleges offeirng genetic engineering? -- [New]
  12. List of colleges offering Genetic Engineering in India specially in Mumbai and Nagpur? Procedure to pursue this field?
  13. Fee structure for genetic engineering? How many years does it take? Any colleges in Mumbai for genetic engineering?
  14. Colleges offering genetic engineering after scoring 95%? What is the fee criteria?
  15. Procedure of getting admission in Genetic Engineering? Percentage required to fill the form and best college for this course? Fee structure of the course?
  16. List of colleges offering degree course in Sound engineering in Maharashtra or Madhya Pradesh? What's the eligibility criteria and fee structure for the same?
  17. Any colleges offering BSc Genetic Engineering in Calicut? Names of the colleges and their contact details? What is the eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
  18. How to pursue Genetic engineering after passing 12th?
14th May 2011, 06:19 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?

Most institutes do not offer courses in Genetic Engineering as a special discipline but as a subsidiary in biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry streams.

Genetics is offered at the undergraduate level, at
Kakatiya University, Warangal and Osmania University, Hyderabad, both in Andhra Pradesh.

Some of the universities which offer genetic Engineering courses at postgraduate and doctorate levels are the Bio-Informatics Centre of Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi,
Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur and Delhi),
Delhi University, University of Calcutta, MKU-Coimbatore,
Birla Institute of Technology (Pilani Rajasthan),
University of Lucknow,
Jadavpur University (Kolkata, West Bengal) etc.
14th May 2011, 08:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?

The qualification for the program is a 10+2 or equivalent test, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics and genetics as a part of Biology. Many colleges do not offer courses in Genetic Engineering as a special stream but as a subsidiary in biotechnology and biochemistry specializations. Some of the colleges offering this program are Kakatiya University, Birla Institute of Technology etc. There is a high demand for genetic engineers in our nation. They are getting good remuneration also.
19th May 2011, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

i am a student i have done my inter from science pre engineering i am very much intrested in doing genetics but i have no idea about its procedure whether i can do it directly or have to do bachelor in science any science
21st May 2011, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

What group should I choose in 11th standard for genetic egiineering?
What cut off is needed?What are the best collages for genetic engineering
In coimbatore?
21st May 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects to be taken in XI for genetic engineering ?
27th May 2011, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Can i do genetics engeener after graduation if i can then please give me information about college and fee structure and duration period
3rd June 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

is there any procedure for direct admission in genetic engineering in chennai?
6th June 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

hi,, i m pass my 12th with 70 %,, so i want to know about genetics and what scope it have? and how to get admission?
9th June 2011, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

about admission test and fees
11th June 2011, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Hello, i m pass my 12th with 74% with phy, chem, bio and eng. So i want to know about genetic engineering and scope related to dis? Institute after 12th for this course? How to get admission? And about fees?
18th June 2011, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

where the genetic engineering college in mumbai?
22nd June 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 10th exam in yearv 2011....please send me procedure for doing genetic engineering..what are min marks required?
28th June 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

i am 12 sci my subject are geog,chem, physics,bio could i will be able to take admision in genetic engineering
7th July 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

what is scope and average salary of a genetic engineer in India?
20th July 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

is there any entrance for getting admisn in genetic eng. how can i apply for the course? what is the fees structure?Is there is any college which specially have faculty like genetic eng?
21st July 2011, 10:09 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for genetic engineering:

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology.

If you fulfill the criteria, you are eligible.

Duration:

4 years of engineering course...

Course details:

The study of this field includes all or few of these –

Enzyme Technology,
Immunology Laboratory,
Basic Molecular Techniques,
Bioprocess Engineering,
Genome Analysis Laboratory,
Stoichiometry and Engineering Thermodynamics.

Scope:

The demand for Genetic Engineers is growing in India as well as abroad.
Job opportunities are numerous and growing in number.
Most of them are mainly placed in medical and pharmaceutical industries, the agricultural sector, and the research and development departments. They can also take up teaching as an option. Certain NGO's like Greenpeace also hire Genetic Engineers to ascertain the outcome of GM products.

Fee structure:

The fees for genetic engineering varies from university to university.
Its course fee is like other B.tech courses...

Institutes:

The best institutes to pursue this course are:

S.R.M. University
S.R.M. Nagar Kattankulathur
Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu

Kakatiya University,
Warangal

Osmania University,
Hyderabad
28th August 2011, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

college to offer genetic in mumbai
5th September 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Are there any colleges in Karnataka and Goa which genetic engineering?
27th October 2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, i m pass my 12th with 74% with phy, chem, bio and eng. So i want to know about genetic engineering and scope related to dis? Institute after 12th for this course? How to get admission? And about fees?
how to apply to this college?
13th November 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Cool Re: Procedure for doing Genetic Engineering after 12th? Which are the colleges offering the course? Minimum qualification required and the fee structure?

Quote:
What group should I choose in 11th standard for genetic egiineering?
What cut off is needed?What are the best collages for genetic engineering
In coimbatore?
and colleges in chennai and how i can i apply
21st December 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

whch is the best colleghe for genetic engineering in mumbai and pun e
24th December 2011, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

hi m in 12 n have phy chem bio n maths as ma subjects i wnt to knw about genetic engineering colleges in mumbai n pune n wt marks should i get in 12 n is their necessary to give Mh-cet n aieee
24th December 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

i m a student of sci and i m interested in doing genetic engineering after 2. so may i knw the procedure to pursue it and wht r the minimum qualities reuired, its colleges & its fee structure
30th January 2012, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Name of the College in Kolkata which offer Bachelor in Genetic Engineering ?
18th March 2012, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

i recently attempted 12th and i want to make my career in genetic engineering.what should i do for that?
please suggest me good colleges offering gen. eng. in maharashtra.
25th March 2012, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Pl. give the of collage & eligibility of BSC in Bio tech in Dhule Maharashtra
8th April 2012, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

is maths a must for genetics engineering???????
19th April 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am in class 12 sc bio nd i want to become a genetic engineer i dont know the procedure, fee structure and scopes ?????????????
4th May 2012, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

list the colleges offering genetic engineering,feestructure,job opportunities
5th May 2012, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

hai.i hd cmpletd ma 2 t subjcts phy,che,bio n matz.i wanna study genetic engineering in a reputd college.wanna knw whethr der z ny ntranz xmz 4 d admsn...
18th May 2012, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

i have finished 12th with C.sc,physics,chemistry,maths....am i eligible to join in genetic engineering?
29th May 2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I have biology as well as biotechnology as my subjects in class XII along with chem, phy and eng. I am interested in doing Genetic Engineering. May I please know the procedure of doing Genetic Engeering, its colleges, minimum quallification and fees structure.
i have completed inter with 767 marks how i have to join this genetic engneering please tell me details
1st June 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

hi im pass 12th exam &i intrested in genetic engineer &i got55% marks in exam then give me procedure about genetic engineering??
3rd July 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

is it scope or demand for biotechnology engineering with respect to chemical engg.?
since i m first year student of biotechnology engineering i change this stream or not?
plz reply...
23rd October 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
The qualification for the program is a 10+2 or equivalent test, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics and genetics as a part of Biology. Many colleges do not offer courses in Genetic Engineering as a special stream but as a subsidiary in biotechnology and biochemistry specializations. Some of the colleges offering this program are Kakatiya University, Birla Institute of Technology etc. There is a high demand for genetic engineers in our nation. They are getting good remuneration also.
but i dont have mathematics as my subject i have phy chem bio eng as my subjct am i elegible for genetic engineering?????
25th December 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.B.A student. but actually am interested in doing genetic engineering. i completed my 12th with 62% with phy, chem, max and bio.. is there any need to write entrance exams for this course? and i also wanted to know the colleges which offer b.tech in this course in bangalore?
29th January 2013, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

What are the types in Genetic engineering? what are the qualification we must have? which is the best institute for genetic engineering?what is the procedure?
28th March 2013, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

procedure for doing genetic engineering? fee structure in calcutta and delhi universities ?qualification of inter with (M.P.C.) enough?
28th March 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

procedure, qualification,fee structure for admission into genetic engineering?
5th May 2013, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

I have just given SLC exam .I am thinking of studying genetic engineering .I have a great interest in it but I don't know anything about it.Can you provide me information about it along the subject on which i have to focus.
15th May 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

After 12 what should i do for studying genetic engineering? I dont have a clear view on difference between genetic engineering and biotechnology.
6th July 2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

after 12th i want to do genetic engineering?I WANT TO CLEAR PROCEDURE,QUALIFICATION,FEE structure.
and colleges in hyderabad
3rd June 2014, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for getting admission in genetic engineering college of other states? Is there special entrance exam conducted for it?
18th July 2014, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i completed xii in 2014. i got 93 mark in biology in CBSE level.instead of biology i had phy,chem,maths.i scored good mark in this subject too.i have geart interest towards GENETIC ENGINEERING.I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DO FOR IT.i want know good colleges in INDIA,FEES STRUTURE TOO.
17th August 2014, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

If I do not want to pay fees then what criteria should require?is there any qualification is require to get the opportunity of getting education in GE without fees?
14th February 2015, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Is XII with Biology , Physics , and chemistry is basic qulification for genetics Engineering also Physics and Mathematics have big role in Genetics Engineering.
8th May 2015, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I HAV COMPLETED 12TH WITH 80% MARK . CAN I TAKE GENETIC ENGINEERING AS MY COURSES AND CAN I JOIN THE GENETIC ENGINEERING COLLEGES?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?