24th July 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

What is the rank required to get a CSE seat in IIT Madras

I am studying 11th class, I need to know what is the rank required to get a CSE seat in IIT
madras.

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get a seat in IIT Madras after scoring 424 in GATE?
  2. How much marks are required to get a seat in M.Tech Manufacturing engineering in IIT madras
  3. How much marks are required in PI(production and industrial) to get a seat in IIT Madras
  4. M.Tech seat in IISC, Banglore and IIT Madras based on my all India GATE civil engineering rank? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get M.Tech admission in IIT Madras or IIT Hyderabad after scoring 2471 rank in EEE GATE?
  6. Cutoff marks for IIT Madras mechanical engineering for OC?
  7. Can I expect any seat after scoring IIT JEE rank of 8225?
  8. In which branch can I get a seat after scoring 2310 rank in PGECET in CSE? List of colleges providing the rank for CSE branch?
  9. Can I get a seat in IT after scoring 539 rank and 5209 CSE rank?
  10. Which one is better for M.Tech CSE, IIT Madras or IIT Bombay in terms of Placements, Campus and Professors?
  11. How much rank is required in IIT JEE to get a seat in IIT Kharagpur for Aerospace Engineering?
  12. Is there any chance to get IIT/NIT seat for PGCET rank? I belong to OBC category
  13. What should be the rank required in JEE to get admission in IIT Madras
  14. Minimum rank required for admission in computer science course in IIT Madras?
  15. Minimum marks required in GATE for general CSE student to get a seat in IIT Kanpur or Mumbai?
  16. In which college can I get after scoring 349 rank in PGECET in CSE stream?
  17. Which Colleges I can get seat having secured a rank of 797 in PGCET Exam being a candidate of CSE?
  18. Is EAMCET rank necessary for getting a seat in Madras Veterinary College, Chennai?
3rd July 2014, 05:12 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the rank required to get a CSE seat in IIT Madras

The Computer Science & Engineering course at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras is a four years course. The department offers 30 seats and usually candidates scoring ranks between 63 and 212 are given admission in the coveted Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) branch. It allows the
Students to explore the emerging job opportunities in database management, IT, embedded systems, Telecommunication et al. IIT Madras also offers dual degree of B.Tech and M.Tech which is a five years course. For eligibility, candidates have to score above 60 per cent aggregate in class 12. For getting into the IIT, you have to appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) which is a common admission test for students seeking admission to undergraduate programmes of all IITs. Initially you have to appear as a candidate in the JEE (Main) which is conducted by JEE Apex Board, in the month of April. JEE(Advanced) is conducted by IITs in the month of June. Only the top 1,50,000 scorers in JEE (Main), which includes students from all categories (GE, OBC (NCL), SC, ST and PD) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced). The JEE (Advanced) have two objective type papers. Each paper will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Duration of each paper will be 3-hours.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?