17th March 2010, 03:37 PM
Lakshmivg

M.Tech seat in IISC, Banglore and IIT Madras based on my all India GATE civil engineering rank?

sir,

In GATE 2010 my All India Rank in Civil Engg. is and my Gate score is 631. I would like know whether any chance is there for me if I opt for a M.Tech seat in IISC, Banglore and IIT Madras?

regards

lakshmi.

Related Questions:
  1. What should I choose among B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT Roorkee, Civil Engineering from IIT Madras and Bachelor of Science from IISc Banglore? -- [New]
  2. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  3. GATE Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  5. Can I get into IIT or IISc after scoring 98.6 percentile in GATE with an AIR of 221?
  6. Will I get a seat in IIT Madras after scoring 424 in GATE?
  7. Can I get M.Tech admission in IIT Madras or IIT Hyderabad after scoring 2471 rank in EEE GATE?
  8. How much rank should I get in GATE in order to get a seat in IIT's and IISc's? I am a BC candidate
  9. Can I get a seat in Geotechnical engineering in any IIT after scoring 7824 rank and 291 score in GATE?
  10. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  11. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  12. How can I get admission in IISC, IIT or NIT for Integrated Ph.D programme? Which entrance exam is available for it other than GATE?
  13. How much rank is required in GATE to get into IIT's and in IISC's?
  14. How to apply for M.Tech seat in IIT through GATE?
  15. Which is better, IIT or IISc? How much rank is required to gate a seat in GATE? Tips to prepare for the exam?
  16. Can I expect any seat after scoring IIT JEE rank of 8225?
  17. Mtech in IIT Madras through GATE score?
  18. For M.Tech should I go for IISC Bangalore or IIT Bombay?
19th March 2010, 12:00 AM
Naseef

Default Re: M.Tech seat in IISC, Banglore and IIT Madras based on my all India GATE civil engineering rank?

Hi Lakhshmi,

Congratulations. You did well! I am a CE graduate too. I got GATE 2010 Score: 644. I hear, that IISc, Bangalore and IIT Madras does not conduct interview or any written tests. They will be doing direct admissions only.

According to various counsellors, you will have a good chance of getting in IITs where there is interview or tests. Well this comes down to the preferences you give. I was advised, we should be cautious of giving Structural engineering as first options as we may be not called for interview at all!!

Anyways best of luck!

Do contact in [email protected]

Warm Regards,

Naseef U.
[email protected]
23rd March 2010, 10:14 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Default Re: M.Tech seat in IISC, Banglore and IIT Madras based on my all India GATE civil engineering rank?

well congrats for the score
you have very good chance of getting admission in iit madras and iisc Bangalore,
what nafees is telling is true only for iisc banglore,
you have very good chance of getting structures in iit madras , in fact i would advice you to opt for structures in iit madras,the competition is iisc banglore is tough and you have to apply carefully
all the best
9th April 2010, 09:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Yes,you have scored very well in GATE,according to Score list issued by GATE authority your score comes under 'Very Good' score category.

You are eligible for all IIT's including NIT's and other institutes of National importance.But you cannot opt for IIT's or IISC unless you will recieve 'Call letter' from them.

After,getting call letter you have to report to respective Institute,selection criteria (Interview or Written test) is based on your performance in GATE which is good enough.

Best of Luck
9th April 2010, 11:24 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi
really you score well, and you must get the chance in the iit and iist,
so you can apply for the college in which you want to go?
also see the other details of that college.
o k
all the best
9th April 2010, 11:26 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi
really you score well, and you must get the chance in the iit and iist,
so you can apply for the college in which you want to go?
also see the other details of that college.
o k
all the best
10th April 2010, 01:36 AM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
first of all a hearty congratulation from my side for your success. your score card is telling your success story .u will definetly get admission in iit's or nit's and even iisc banglore but keep patience the institute itself will send u a call letter
all the best
10th April 2010, 01:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
congratulation for getting good marks
in gate exams, yes you can apply for
IIT and IISC after getting your gate
score card and if you are selected
in merit list and councelling, then you
will get admission in IIT and top colleges
of india..............

all the best...
10th April 2010, 03:51 PM
varsha RANI

Hello...
My gate score is 422 in electronics and communications engineering....can i get seats in good colleges in karnataka?...if so plz suggest me some good colleges name...
11th April 2010, 01:51 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

hi
you have scored well
you can go for IISC,banglore and IIT,madras
you have to check there official sites
good luck
11th April 2010, 02:05 PM
aravindhu

Hi all,
I have gate score 782 in CE paper and AIR 27, do i hav a chance in getting iisc geotech and iitk structural engg direct admission?, pls help
14th April 2010, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

hi,
my gate score is 569 and i am in third year now...so if i want to get admission for next to next year do i need to apply now..?
14th April 2010, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

My GATE score is 901 and Rank 67 in Mechanical engg,i want to know when is merit list for IIT madras declared ,they havent mention any dates regarding display of list for selected candidates
14th April 2010, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I got 554 score in ME paper in gate 2010 , would any please suggest me which branch to apply
15th April 2010, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

hi, I am abhishek.....I have a rank of 51 in ec.....do you think i'll get a ME seat in the electrical department of IISc?
18th April 2010, 07:30 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, I am abhishek.....I have a rank of 51 in ec.....do you think i'll get a ME seat in the electrical department of IISc?
Dear Abhishek

You have'nt mentioned your GATE score.

I think 51 is your AIR,if so then you have done really a good job there is a oppurtunity for you to join IISC,if you will get Call letter from IISc.

But small problem is that IISc has very few seats in Mechanical branch so before you first chance will be given to TOPPERS.

However,there stands a good oppurtunity for you for getting into IIT's,I think you will surely get Call letter from at least one of IIT.

Best of Luck

Quote:
My GATE score is 901 and Rank 67 in Mechanical engg,i want to know when is merit list for IIT madras declared ,they havent mention any dates regarding display of list for selected candidates
You have done a good job your GATE score is really Excellent.

First you have to apply for IIT of your desire then if you will meet there standard they will Call you for a written test or interview,if you will be able to pass it then you will find the place in there Merit Admission List.

Kindly check this link-http://gate.iitm.ac.in/mtech_admissions/gelig.php

I have also attached a copy of adversitement of IIT-M for admission,kindly find the attachment below.

Best of Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MTech(Spons)adv.pdf(87.9 KB, 171 views)

Last edited by faiyaz; 18th April 2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: some text was missing
27th April 2010, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

i have AIR 294 in cse.do u think i will get call from any iit for direct admissions
28th April 2010, 10:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i have AIR 294 in cse.do u think i will get call from any iit for direct admissions
Only getting good AIR is not enough for getting into IIT's.

The thing that matters most is 90+ percentage in GATE along with good AIR.So if you have both then its okay.

Otherwise, dont waste your time in wait of getting call letter from any of IIT's.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
5th May 2010, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

I got a score of 341 in electronics , did i get any where seat
6th May 2010, 02:50 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I got a score of 341 in electronics , did i get any where seat
Yes off course, if you have scored anything in GATE,weather 20 or 341 you will be provided admission to some engineering college.

However, you will only be able to get some private institute.

Best of Luck
7th May 2010, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

want to knw Mtech colleges in Banglore which donot consider GATE SCORE
ie purely management seat
11th May 2010, 03:23 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
want to knw Mtech colleges in Banglore which donot consider GATE SCORE
ie purely management seat

Weather you take admission by cracking GATE or through Management Quota. Appearing for Entrance is mandatory, weather you score 20 or 200.

Only the small or fake institutes offers direct admission with out Entranc score.

However, there are very few institutes where you can try for.

Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramnagar.

Basaveshwar Engineering college.

Narayan Engineering college.

And few more are there, name does'nt remember.

Best of lcuk
11th May 2010, 03:47 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

hey 1st congrats for getting such a good rank and yes you are absolutely eligible for getting admission in IIT's as well as in IISC just wait for some tme i think you call letter will be on its way which you will be receiving soon be prepared for your call ..
good luck and wish you success in life...
be careful while opting for your subject.. rest is all fine...
bye take care...
11th May 2010, 08:35 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you have very good chance of getting admission in iit madras and iisc Bangalore,
you have very good chance of getting structures in iit madras , in fact i would advice you to opt for structures in iit madras,the competition is iisc banglore is tough and you have to apply carefully
14th May 2010, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

HI
Will there be a Third list from IIT Madras for MTECH CS Admissions. I want to know my chances of getting into IITM. My gate Rank CS is 285
17th May 2010, 12:14 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
HI
Will there be a Third list from IIT Madras for MTECH CS Admissions. I want to know my chances of getting into IITM. My gate Rank CS is 285

I am not sure of 3rd list, 3rd list are decleared in the case when sits are remain vacant, and basically upto 2nd list enough for filling seats.

However, if not IITM you can expect any other IIT's. I can guess IITKgh, IITR for you.

Lets see if IITM has 3rd list for the purpose, however chances is very few.

Best of Luck
17th May 2010, 12:23 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

First of all congrats for the score you got

Now as we all know, for admissions in IIT, you would receive a call letter from then, if you have that call letter you will get the admissions, if not, then you can't

and i guess you will be receiving it soon

so best of luck
17th May 2010, 09:29 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hi friend,
if you get a call letter from then IISC then you can go for the admission other wise not....
but for the iit and nit you are eligible...so apply and go for the interview....
hope you must get admission.
ok
all the best
31st May 2010, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

hi,
my gatescore is 507 in electronics stream,is there any chance of getting in NITS? or else plz mention some universities to apply
31st May 2010, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

hi,
my gatescore is 507 in electronics stream,is there any chance of getting in NITS? or else plz mention some universities to apply
8th June 2010, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Whats the future opportunities after doing Mtech frm IISC/IITs.
9th June 2010, 09:00 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Whats the future opportunities after doing Mtech frm IISC/IITs.

Very Bright !

IIT's and IISC are TOP and Best Engineering Institutes of Asia, With almost 100% Placement record and Eminent Faculty, Advanced Labs and workshops and infrastructure.

IIT's are among the TOP 50 Institutes of the World.

IIT's and IISc are not just institutes they are become Brand now.
26th June 2010, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansh_ansh View Post
My gates score is 644 and AIR rank 187. For structures at IIT delhi i figured somewhere 87 in the list!! With only around 20 seats the competition in the interviews are tough. This tough competition was anticipated this time with large number of students pursuing for PG rather than job. Last year with the same GATE score one would have been around 50-70 rank. Considering IITM Madras only conducts direct admission for Structural Engg., those having rank even in 80s did not make it even in the third round!! Even geotechnical at rank 131 was not accounted for! As for IISc, structures closed in the top 10 ranks :-D

This time was one hell of a competition. The jump in number of candidates was more than 100%!! So new aspirants try harder and all the very best.

Regards,

Naseef U.
[email protected]
28th June 2010, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

hi , i ve got 290 air with gate score of 702.will i get a seat in iits
29th June 2010, 08:31 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hi , i ve got 290 air with gate score of 702.will i get a seat in iits

Yeah you are meeting all the Criteria for getting into IIT's little problem with AIR, but it would not be much problem.

You can expect IITM, IITK, IITR, IITkgh. But you have'nt mentioned your Percentile and Branch so that I can confirm you.

But dont worry you are eligible for Direct admission in M.Tech and MS both at any IIT, but I have listed above because chances are better there as compared to others because typically every IIT's have 20 seats available.
25th July 2010, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

i'm a fourth year student.i got gate-2010 score 974 with rank=22 in ECE stream.so, i should join next year.will there be interviews at IISC & IITM? how many seats r alloted for oc students in IISC?will i be able to get into IISC?which course in IISC is best? embedded systems/communication systems?plz do any one tell me how many seats r there in IISC?
also where can i find the syllabus relating to course work in IISC?
26th July 2010, 01:15 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i'm a fourth year student.i got gate-2010 score 974 with rank=22 in ECE stream.so, i should join next year.will there be interviews at IISC & IITM? how many seats r alloted for oc students in IISC?will i be able to get into IISC?which course in IISC is best? embedded systems/communication systems?plz do any one tell me how many seats r there in IISC?
also where can i find the syllabus relating to course work in IISC?

First of all congratulations for scoring such a fantasting Score in GATE. No doubt you are one of the TOPPER of GATE 2010 in ECE, and also your AIR is 22 which is fantastic.

You will surely get IISC or IITM, dont worry for that because candidates having 700 can expect Direct admission into IIT's and your score is 974/1000.

I dont think Interview will be conducted for you, because candidates having less in there GATE scores but meeting the cutoff criteria of respect Institute are only kept in the list of Interview. Otherwise Direct Admission facility is avialable for candidate like you.

However, it is thing of doubt that weather surely you will get IISC,because it has only 20 seats in each branch for M.Tech. So here I will say chances are 98% out of 100%.

Where as for IITM, no problem you will surely welcomed there.

Every courses at IISC are amongst its best, in whole India. Dont worry about the quality of education, faculty, labs, placement etc. all are good. Complete your B.Tech first and then check weather Embedded System will be Good for you or Communication System.

Regards

~Faiyaz~
26th July 2010, 09:29 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

well thats an awesome score, and im sure that will be able to get through IISC.
However, the thing is that you need to get a call letter from them first, so coming to any conclusions before that would be a bit risky.
Hence, relax for the time being and enjoy your score!

Good Luck!!
2nd August 2010, 02:59 AM
Unregistered

i got gate score 91 in mechanical engg. in gate 2010.i belong to sc category.i haven't applied yet.plzzz tell me if there is any chance for me to get into good college now,if yes what ???n if not what should i do next ?????also suggest other options too.
3rd October 2010, 12:52 PM
suvarna khichade

sir which rae the brances present for m tech in iisc?specialy for the electronics.
26th December 2010, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

sir,i am kousik frm ece branch.sir how min marks i hv to get out of 100 to score upp 700 of 1000 .
16th January 2011, 03:33 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmivg View Post
sir,

In GATE 2010 my All India Rank in Civil Engg. is and my Gate score is 631. I would like know whether any chance is there for me if I opt for a M.Tech seat in IISC, Banglore and IIT Madras?

regards

lakshmi.
congrats u have done it
u have got a good score
and i suggest u to take admission in iisc banglore
best of luck
6th February 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

hi
15th March 2011, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

My Gare rank is 2344/29347 in Gate 2011 in Civil Engg Dept. with cutoff marks 399 .... What college can i expect ?
By, Prosun Roy, No - 8144259270, [email protected]
16th March 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 317 and AIR 582 in PI
with 84.6 percentile
can i make it to IIT
17th March 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

hi...
sir i have got 257 rank with the score of 720 in gate 2011 in ee so do i have any chances of getting admissions in iisc or iit bombay plz rpl on [email protected]
17th March 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i have air 6308 in civil stream.is it possible to get admission directly in nit,s.i have 265 score in gate.
19th March 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Hello...
I have AIR 3548 in civil and gate score is 345... Will i get addmission in any reputed institutes....
22nd March 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

i have 812 gate score frm ece , gate mark is 67.67.. will i get addmission in iisc,iitb iitk iit delhi plz mail me at "[email protected]"
10th April 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

I have air 3 in GATE 2011,but my gpa is not that good(8.3in 10 scale) will I get into iitm or iisc?my branch is mechanical
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?