16th August 2018, 09:25 PM
Siddharth200412

What is the required percentage for being a Sanskrit Professor?

What is the average percentage required to get job of Sanskrit Professor in government institutes/colleges in India? Further, is PhD also required for the post of Professor?

18th August 2018, 05:47 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the required percentage for being a Sanskrit Professor?

For recruitment as professor in government college candidates have to appear and qualify in NET examination.

NET examination is conducted by UGC. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%. There is no age limit to appear in examination. For more information about examination and syllabus visit at www.ugc.ac.in.

19th August 2018, 08:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the required percentage for being a Sanskrit Professor?

To be a professor of Sanskrit in any government colleges in India you are required to qualify NET/SET/SLET.

Further, for appearing in the NET/SET/SLET to become a professor of Sanskrit, you are required to have completed your master's degree with at least 55% marks Sanskrit as main subject from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?