6th June 2017, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Which exams to prepare to become a professor after completion of M.A in Sanskrit?

Sir/Mam, I am doing M.A in Sanskrit. l am want to make professor. Which exam is important? Can you please list me all the exams which I can start preparing to ensure that I will clear them and become a professor soon? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

7th June 2017, 05:02 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exams to prepare to become a professor after completion of M.A in Sanskrit?

One willing to become a professor has to appear for UGC-NET exams or SLET. NET stands for National Eligibility Test . It is an entrance examination conducted by UGC (university grant commission) at national level for the candidates who wishes to get teaching jobs in government university. SLET stands for State level Eligibility Test. SLET is for appointments within the state.

Eligibility criteria for NET/SLET are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have passed Post graduation degree in related field with minimum 55% of marks. Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-There is no upper age limit to apply for these exam .

The selection process involves of

* Written exam , and

* Interview .
8th June 2017, 05:06 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which exams to prepare to become a professor after completion of M.A in Sanskrit?

To be a college lecturer or professor you have to give UGC NET exam. Minimum qualification required for this exam is post graduation with minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. This exam is conducted by CBSE for admission in PhD and recruitment of lecturer in colleges. Upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and no age limit for lecturer post. Thanks
8th June 2017, 11:41 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The most suitable examination for becoming Professor is National Eligibility Test.

NET is at present conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education behalf of University Grants Commission for lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship.

Eligibility criteria for NET:

1. Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. You should have at least 55% marks in master's degree to apply for NET examination. You can prepare for this exam to become lecturer in government college further you can pursue Doctor of Philosophy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?