20th May 2011, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the schedule of IAS exam this year? Am I eligible for IAS exam in the same year of completing the graduation?

I have completed my graduation and want to do IAS this year, please tell the scedule of exams.. or am I eligible to do IAS this year.?

21st May 2011, 01:09 AM
karthiksiva

Default Re: What is the schedule of IAS exam this year? Am I eligible for IAS exam in the same year of completing the graduation?

You cannot apply this year. Wait for the next notification that would be published in the month of April next year. This year the exam is going to be held on June 12th.
21st May 2011, 10:33 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: What is the schedule of IAS exam this year? Am I eligible for IAS exam in the same year of completing the graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my graduation and want to do IAS this year, please tell the scedule of exams.. or am I eligible to do IAS this year.?

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam is conducted by UPSC in

every year. It is the high level job of India. IAS exam is conducted

in two stage Preliminary exam and main exam.

In this year the preliminary exam is to be held on 12th June 2011.

If you not apply in this year then you miss the exam in this year.

Now you can apply in the next year. The last date of apply for

IAS exam was 21th March 2011.

For details about 2011 IAS examination including exam dates, plan

and scheme of exam, syllabus and queries regarding non-receipt

of admission certificate by a candidate/ declaration of result

visit UPSC website which is given below :

http://upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm

Regards
~Mukul~
21st May 2011, 05:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The Civil services examination was going to be held on 12/06/2011.

And the last date of apply for this examination was already over, So you can not apply for this examination now.

The IAS examination was conducted by UPSC 2 times in year.

The Preliminery examination was held on 12/06/2011 And The main examination was going to be held on 29/Oct/2011.

The Last date of apply for this examination was 21/March/2011. So, the dates are already over, So you have missed the chance in this year.

The minimum eligiblity criteria to apply for this examination was graduation.

After graduation, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services examination . But To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 year.

So, please dont worry, you can not apply for this examination now, so please apply for this examination next time, the notification was generally published in the month of feburary every year.

And for complete information, please visit the official website of UPSC -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st May 2011, 05:39 PM
mandiv

hello.........
dear first of all i would like to tell you that you are eligible to give the exam the same year you complete your graduation but dear this year you are a bit late since the date of exam has already passed................
infact the preliminary exam has already taken place on 12/may/2011.....
but never mind ........its never too late, and you may try for it next year................
for remaining updated with the notifications keep logging on to:-
upsc.gov.in
all the best..........
21st May 2011, 05:42 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is the schedule of IAS exam this year? Am I eligible for IAS exam in the same year of completing the graduation?

Hi friend,

To become an IAS officer you must write an exam called civil service

examination. The following attachment shows you about academic qualifications

and schedule of 2011 civil services exam.

Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: docx ias2011.docx(11.6 KB, 71 views)
21st May 2011, 06:12 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

There is no IAS exam , it is Civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC every year. IAS is the cadre which is alloted after selection.

Schedule of CSE this year:
Last Date to apply :21st March,2011
The Preliminery examination : 12/06/2011
The main examination : 29/Oct/2011.

Yes, you can apply in your final year of Graduation, but you should be atleast 21 yr old to be eligible.
Notification for next year will be announced in December in all National Dailies & Employment news.
21st May 2011, 07:12 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The last date to apply for the civil service exam 2011 has expired on 21st March 2011. The first stage of the examination is going to be held on 12th June 2011.
The main exam will be conducted on 29th October 2011.

Since there is no way to apply this year, you will have to wait for the notification of civil service exam 2012. Once the notification is published, the application forms will be available at designated post offices and head post offices.
You may also apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in

Now, as you have asked in the second part of your question, yes, you are eligible for the IAS exam in the same year provided your age is not less than 21 years.
For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
22nd May 2011, 10:24 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IAS i.e [B]Indian Administrative Service Examination[/B] Is Conducted By Upsc.

This year Last date of Submission was already closed on 21/March/2011.

The Civil Service Examination was going to be held on 12/June/2011.

Minimum Qualification to Apply for Civil Service Examination was Graduation.

And The should have a Minimum 21 yrs and Maximum 30 Yrs of Age.

The Upper age limit will be Applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

So,According to the Eligibility Criteria,You are Eligible for IAS Examination.But this last date of submission was already Over,So Please Apply for this Examination Next year.......

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2011, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

if iam a student of bachelor of management studies then wat subject u prefer me to choose and wat is the syllabus of upsc for me then?
23rd July 2011, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am complet graduation 52 %.information IAS carrier
15th September 2011, 11:13 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hello friend,
The last date to apply for the civil service exam 2011 has expired on 21st March 2011. The first stage of the examination is going to be held on 12th June 2011.
The main exam will be conducted on 29th October 2011.

Since there is no way to apply this year, you will have to wait for the notification of civil service exam 2012. Once the notification is published, the application forms will be available at designated post offices and head post offices.
You may also apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in

Now, as you have asked in the second part of your question, yes, you are eligible for the IAS exam in the same year provided your age is not less than 21 years.
For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
4th March 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
i want to know about a best coching centers in newdelhi.....
23rd September 2012, 01:33 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Sir,.
Its good to know that, you want to serve the nation.
As you will complete your graduation this year , so you are eligible for this civil service examination.Because the minimum educational requirement for eligibility for this exam is a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college.

IAS Stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE.
This exams are conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC). every year.

This exam have three stages to be clear-
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3.INTERVIEW.

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years,.As there are 3 & 5 years of the age relaxations are also applicable for the OBC & SC\ST candidates.

CSAT exam pattern-

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT-

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR MAINS EXAM-

Physical requirements for IAS -

Notifications of UPSC examinations in 2012-

Thank you!!!!
!gamble!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?