26th August 2012, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

What shall I do to join ISRO?

Sir, I want to join in ISRO and want to study about space. So,What I have to do ? Plz do mail to me [email protected] I will glad to u sir

26th August 2012, 04:54 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What shall I do to join ISRO?

Well you will have to study about space first then join ISRO. The best option for you would be B.Tech in Aerospace which deals with design and maintanence of flying objects that fly beyond the earth's atmosphere like satellites, space shuttle, missiles etc.

Once you have completed B.Tech in Aerospace, there is a chance for you to get job in Indian Space Research Organization. However you can get job in ISRO after completing Engineering in various streams, but since you have shown interest in the space study my recommedation would be to go for Aerospace Engineering. It is tough but at the same time very interesting.

Eligibility

To take admission for Engineering course, you would have to complete 12th standard with PCM as the subjects.

You would also require at least 40 percent marks.

This would make you eligible for the ISEET entrance exam. ISEET stands for the Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test. This exam will replace IIT-JEE and AIEEE from next year.

If you passed this exam with flying colors you would be able to get admission in good Engineering college for the Aerospace Engineering. The next part would be to complete the Engineering course.

Once you have completed the B.Tech course, you will have to appear for the ISRO Entrance exam which is generally conducted in the months of February or March every year. The details about the exam is published in the leading employment newspapers.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian.

2. A B.Tech degree or diploma in Engineering from a recognised university.

3. At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech course.

4. Age limit is 21 to 30 years for the ISRO Entrance exam.

5. There is up to 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit for SC/ST and some relaxation in percentage requirement as well.

6. Final year students of B.Tech may also apply but would require to submit degree at the time of interview.

7. A valid GATE score although is not necesary but candidates with good GATE score are given priority on some occassions.

Selection Process:

1) Entrance Exam

2) Interview
26th August 2012, 05:15 PM
jayks

HELLO

ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)

PLEASE VISIT FOR LIVE RECRUITMENT..

http://www.isro.org/scripts/job.aspx

LAST DATE 31/08/2012

All the details regarding the examination are

ISRO has Annual Intake of Engineers and Scientist

even though there is specific exam for the intake for the same

they highly depend on the merit of the student than the degrees completed by the candidate

so you should understand one thing clearly that you have to be a good knowledgable person in your subject regard

And the general steps you have to remember to reach your desired goal is ..

-you have to complete your b.tech with good percentage i.e., 65% atleast (preferably
75-80%)

-Go for Coaching if you're financial position is strong(Not Cumpulsary) so that not only you get coaching you can be exposed to many factors like difficulty level of question,national wide competition for the same exam..and so on it will be good if you do so..

-As usual after getting well groomed with the coaching you can confidently attempt the exam..

-Then after that you have to give good performance in the interview too.

By these simple steps you can make into your dream..

ALL THE BEST..
26th August 2012, 05:24 PM
i am sure
Member+

To join ISRO

Eligibility:

BE/B.Tech or equivalent with an aggregate minimum of 65% are eligible to apply.

Age Limit:
35 years as on 28-02-2012
40 years for SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates.

Selection Process:
The candidate should have First Class with minimum 65% marks in the Qualifying Degree ie, BE/B.Tech or equivalent for submission of application on line.
26th August 2012, 08:09 PM
soumadeep7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I want to join in ISRO and want to study about space. So,What I have to do ? Plz do mail to me [email protected] I will glad to u sir
Well you will have to study about space first then join ISRO. The best option for you would be B.Tech in Aerospace which deals with design and maintanence of flying objects that fly beyond the earth's atmosphere like satellites, space shuttle, missiles etc.

Once you have completed B.Tech in Aerospace, there is a chance for you to get job in Indian Space Research Organization. However you can get job in ISRO after completing Engineering in various streams, but since you have shown interest in the space study my recommedation would be to go for Aerospace Engineering. It is tough but at the same time very interesting.

Eligibility

To take admission for Engineering course, you would have to complete 12th standard with PCM as the subjects.

You would also require at least 40 percent marks.

This would make you eligible for the ISEET entrance exam. ISEET stands for the Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test. This exam will replace IIT-JEE and AIEEE from next year.

If you passed this exam with flying colors you would be able to get admission in good Engineering college for the Aerospace Engineering. The next part would be to complete the Engineering course.

Once you have completed the B.Tech course, you will have to appear for the ISRO Entrance exam which is generally conducted in the months of February or March every year. The details about the exam is published in the leading employment newspapers.
26th August 2012, 08:51 PM
bablucena9

hi,
Every year ISRO select the candidate in one process those are qualify GATE exam with good score are called for direct interview.
And 2 nd option , first you have to cleared written exam then you will be called for interview.
Yes, B-TECH student are eligible for ISRO exam.
Those candidate have completed B-TECH degree or final year student are eligible for ISRO exam.
but your graduation marks must be above 65% .
The age criteria is given below-
For general candidate - 35 years
For OBC candidate - 38 years
For SC/ST candidate -40 years.
Exam Patterns are-
Total No. of question:80
Total time:90 mins
Marking system:+3 for correct answer, -1 for wrong answer
Thanks
26th August 2012, 09:18 PM
incredibleshub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

ISRO stand for Indian Space Research Organisation. It is an Indian space research center which conducts various experiments about space , sending satellites developing space technology are its various applications.. To get in to ISRO you need first complete your Engineering degree.

To become a scientist in ISRO, you have to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the organization.

Eligibility For entrance exam :

You must have completed B.Tech/B.E in :

Mechanical
Electronics
Electronics and CommunicationComputer Science

- You must have first class i.e 60% to appear for the exam.

The upper age limit is 35 years.

After clearing entrance exam you can join the post of research scientist.

This year notificatios are already closed and also exam is over. So you can apply next notifiactions. Also for next notificatins you will be in final year of engineering. So you can apply ver well.

For more information remain touch with http://www.isro.gov.in
27th August 2012, 08:55 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Chinmay ,

Nice to hear that you are interested in space and want to join the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).

My Friend, To Fulfill your dream you have to do the following things :

* First of all , you have to pass your Higher Secondary (12th) with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized board.

* You must have selected PCM as your key subjects in 12th as these are quite compulsory.

* After passing the 12th exam , you have to appear in the Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test and have to crack this examination on a good note so that you can get admission in good engineering colleges.

* Now , In Engineering you have to choose Aerospace Engineering as it deals with the study of space and its technology.

* Further then , you have to complete your B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks .

After completing these processes , you can easily appear in the ISRO Entrance Exam , cracking which you will get a job in ISRO.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?