23rd May 2012, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after passing 10th with 61 percentage?

What i do sir after 10th i have 61 percetage...please tell me

22nd July 2012, 01:24 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after passing 10th with 61 percentage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its all about your interest. If you have interest in science subjects or Engineering or Medical and may be some fields like microbiology , bioinformatics then you should take science. However with this percentage I will not advice you to do so. But yes if you are interested in it and you are confident of doing good then you should choose it.

You should keep in mind your goal after 12th while choosing the subjects. Like if you want to take the NDA exam for air force or navy then you will have to take up Science. While it is not compulsory for joining Army.

The 2 streams left for you are Commerce and Arts. Commerce must be taken for career options like Company Secretary , Charted accountancy, B.com etc. Commerce students seek admission in ICWAI or ICSI.
Or the do B.A. in economics

Otherwise if you wish to take courses Like laws which can be done both by arts and commerce students then why take up commerce anyways.

Arts students usually like Mass communications courses , law courses, Fashion designing, Hotel management courses and teaching courses. Otherwise the degree of B.A. is always in available option.

In addition I also advice you to check the complete list of subjects of all the streams and see if you find them easy or tough or interesting or boring and then choose accordingly. Like some of the subjects of science stream are Mathematics, physics , chemistry , biology (one can also choose only one subject out of Mathematics or biology or both also),english, computer sciece (optional) etc.

Commerce subjects are Accounts , bussiness studies, economics, english etc. Usually candidates prefer to choose mathematics as optional subject.
While Art side includes social science subjects civics, history, geography etc.
22nd July 2012, 02:05 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
hello

I think you are confused right now,there are questions going through your mind like...below mentioned.....

Is 61% Enough for Me.....???
Actually you have not tell us about your interest.It seems to me as if you are confused of choosing the subject after XII whether science which is divided into two branches --->>medical and Non-medical.I think as you have 61% in XII then you can take branches depending on the school from which you want to take admission in to .since some schools do not allow students having 61% to take non-medical But in most of the schools it does not make any issue as far as i know about this.

If you want to take admission in Medical branch then you will be having subjects like---Physics,Chemistry,Biology,English and another optional subject,it depends on you which optional subject you want to take.Generally IT ,physical Education and Music are optional subjects.with this you will give entrance exams after XII in order to get into medical colleges for exams like AIIMS,CBSE-PMT , AFMC pune.....etc..

"with medical branch you can give Entrance like AIEEE also by which you can get into Engineering colleges even having medical branch

If you want to take admission in Non-Medical branch then you will be having subjects like---Physics,Chemistry,Maths,English and another optional subject,it depends on you which optional subject you want to take.Generally IT ,physical Education and Music are optional subjects.with this you will give entrance exams after XII in order to get into Engineering colleges for exams like IIT-JEE,AIEEE,BITSAT ..etc

with this you can take admission in architecture,Engineering or Hotel mangement Law(By--CLAT entarnce test),also you can take admission in fashion course by giving NIFT Entrance exam.

If you want to take admission in commerce branch then you will be having subjects like---Economics,Maths,English,Business studies and another optional subject,it depends on you which optional subject you want to take.Generally IT ,physical Education and Music are optional subjects.Also you can have optional B/w Economics and Maths or BOTH.

with this you can get into management courses like BBA,B.Com ,Chartered accountant,company sectretary,ICWAI etc..

The other option for you is arts branch with this you can take admission after XII in BA(Bachelor of Arts).subjects will be like music,history,geography,etc...

so,all of this depends on your Interest,But if you are still unable to take decision then only I would suggest to go either with Non-medical or commerce branch as they have more scope....

hope this helped

with regards
roknits
22nd July 2012, 03:34 PM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: What should I do after passing 10th with 61 percentage?

Quote:

HI FRIEND,

*YOU CAN JOIN IN 12TH LEVEL WITH PCM,BIPC,HEC,CEC,VOCATIONAL

GROUPS,MPHW IN WHICH FIELD YOU HAVE INTEREST IN GOOD JUNIOR COLLEGE,.

OR YOU CAN WRITE APRJC EXAMINATION OR IIIT COURSE IN AP STATE

OR YOU CAN JOIN IN CA(CPT) COURSE

AFTER 12TH LEVEL YOU HAVE MANY OPPURTUNITIES IN THAT FIELD.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Arts students usually like Mass communications courses , law courses,
Fashion designing, Hotel management courses and teaching courses.
Otherwise the degree of B.A. is always in available option& includes social science subjects civics, history, geography etc

Commerce subjects are Accounts , bussiness studies, economics, english etc. Usually candidates prefer to choose mathematics as optional subject.

science students will take medical field and engineering field,through the entrance exams..

ALL THE BEST....
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
22nd July 2012, 03:54 PM
iavichalsharma

Dear friend,
First of all, you should checkout that whether your interest is in science, commerce or arts. <br>
If your interest is in commerce or arts, then, you should continue in a school which offers commerce or arts. There is lot of scope after 12th in these too.
<br> If you want to take up science, then , there are 2 options - either you go for science in a regular school or you may also go for polytechnic institutes. After class 12th, there is huge scope with both. But, a science student should have a good level of interest or it'll hard for you to pursue it. <br>
If you take up polytechnic, then, after that you can directly take up admission in second year in B.Tech (Lateral Entry) in many institutes.<br>
So, all the best for your future!
22nd July 2012, 06:45 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

After 10th class you can go for further higher studies to get the senior secondary certificate in various streams like science,commerce & Arts.As you have secured 61% marks in your 10th class so Commerce & arts are the best options for you to choose.

You can also go for diploma courses after 10th class as under-

1. Diploma in Automobile Engineering

2. Diploma in Civil Engineering

3. Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering

4. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering

5. Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering

6. Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering

7. Diploma in Electronics & Video Engineering
22nd July 2012, 06:46 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

After 10th class you can go for further higher studies to get the senior secondary certificate in various streams like science,commerce & Arts.As you have secured 61% marks in your 10th class so Commerce & arts are the best options for you to choose.

You can also go for diploma courses after 10th class as under-

1. Diploma in Automobile Engineering

2. Diploma in Civil Engineering

3. Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering

4. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering

5. Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering

6. Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering

7. Diploma in Electronics & Video Engineering
26th July 2012, 12:21 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->After 10th you have lot of options are there like you can go for medical/non-medical.

* in medical-physics,chemistry,biology.

* in non -medical-physics,chemistry,maths.

-->you can also go for diploma courses after 10th like in any branch cse,it ,ee,ece,mechanical,civil,industrial etc.

-->after 10th if you are not interested in all these then you can go for commerce also .
-->then you can go for b.com further and with this you can get job in banking,accounts etc.

all the best...go ahead!!
3rd August 2012, 02:38 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

After completing your 10th with 61% you have many scope in many course like:

=> you can gofor higher study like 11-12th (science, commerce, arts).
=> you can also join deploma course of variouse branches(mechanical, computer, civil etc).
=> you can join Hotel Management course.
=> you can also join ITI.
=> you can also join IIT coaching classes fpr higher study in technical field.

All the best
9th June 2019, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I like science but I scored only 53% in my 10th result which is the best field to choose now?? Please help me!
22nd July 2022, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Is it diploma best option?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?