23rd July 2011, 11:43 AM
sudiptadhal

What should I do to get a job if I have 47% in 12th?

hii i m non carrier student having +2 47% but my 10 and btech marks are 82 and 75 percentage respectively.syntel,accenture cts these companies are demanding for only 50% students.what should i do to get job,plz suggest me.

5th August 2011, 06:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to get a job if I have 47% in 12th?

Normally the companies look at the B.Tech score whilst shortlisting candidates. So there is a probability of you getting a call for the test. But it is important you fare well in the same. It is possible that in the interview round you may be questioned on the low marks in 12th. But if you show you have the required skills for the company certainly this will not be an issue.
22nd August 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

i have got 12th 57.8%n 10th 60%n in b tech 72% marks should i eligible for accenture if yes then please tell me the and what other company i will try with my eligibility criteria.please tell me
28th August 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

I got 69% in 10th,47 % in 12th ,59% in bsc computer science and 8.07 in mca I have 3 year gap of total carriear can I get job in good it company.
30th August 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

i got 83% in ssc, 54% in inter, 62% in b.tech can i get good jobs in mnc's
31st August 2011, 12:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptadhal View Post
hii i m non carrier student having +2 47% but my 10 and btech marks are 82 and 75 percentage respectively.syntel,accenture cts these companies are demanding for only 50% students.what should i do to get job,plz suggest me.
dear friend,

Maximum software company want 60% in through out in career .

Some few software company allow 50% above criteria like WIPRO, SYNTEL , HONEYWELL etc.

Your 12th percentage is 47% so you are not eligible for maximum software company.

Also you are eligible for .NET and PHP company so you can contact those company.

Better option for you to go for higher study like JRF ,SRF,MBA,M-TECH,MS,PHD etc.

All the best.
31st August 2011, 02:28 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are talking about the software companies, but my friend to get job in any leading software company you must have at least 60% aggregate through out the career including the 12th..
as you have secured less than 60% marks in your 12th then, you are not eligible for the campus drive of any leading software company..
But there are also some software companies those are recruit students having less than 50% marks in 12th...So try to get the information regarding this..
For that you can go to your training and placement officer in your college..
you can also go for UPSC exams...
After cracking the exam you can get administrative jobs..
So, you can apply for UPSc exams like- IAS, IPS, IFS,IES etc..
They don't have such percentage criteria..
So, don't worry..you will definitely get a job..
All the best..
3rd September 2011, 03:34 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Normally companies prefer btech students with 60% as their aggregate..
some companies look 60% aggregate through out the student's career.
9th September 2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have 42% in 10,55%in12 and 81%in b.tech can i get a job
15th September 2011, 01:26 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudiptadhal View Post
You are not eligible for mnc companies because there is some requirments related to percentage.You can try for a job in any other software companies.There is so many companies from you can get a good job.These mnc companies have a criteria for a job.
The want 60% above in 10th,12th and engineering so its very hard for you to get a chance in these comapnies.
So dont be upset.You have many other options.You can apply for a job in any company where is no requirment realated to precentage.So just go for it.Do hard work and you should have command on a perticular field or programming field.

So all the best.
15th September 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

i have 48%in 12th but in 10th i have secured 79%and in my b.tech average is 7.23 .can i sit in l&t infotech,honywell,
16th September 2011, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

hi i m fresher student having 10 49% but my 2 69% and btech marks 70% respectively. what should i do get job,plz suggest me.
1st October 2011, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

hi i am fresher student having 10th 49% and 12th 51%.and my BE average degree till 6th sem is 67%.how many possibility have the job meet ......................
9th October 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

nd hi i m fresar student having 10th 72% 12th 54.5 and my be 60%.
11th October 2011, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

i hav 88% in 10th,57.2 in 12th nd 58.8 % in b.e til 6th sem...vl i get a job.plz help me out
29th October 2011, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Which mark will be considered for career if a student has completed both 2 and diploma for job and why?
31st October 2011, 08:33 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear sir,First of all there is no point in discussing this profession is good or that profession is good.

As par the current familiarity with regards to possible careers in one’s life, 12th passed out students aim in more number for Engineering, Medical, and Arm Forces (NDA) courses, etc. One point worth reminding is that – there are a number of jobs that we don’t really think about while we study 10th or 12th Standard or college classes like -
1) People who are working as clerk in most offices
2) People who are working as Directors in many offices like (post office, tourism dept, military, etc).

So, the idea to convey is that even though we have studied physics or chemistry or zoology or botany or English or physiology or history or geography in colleges or universities; an individual has to work as something else at last when the study in universities or colleges are completed.

The work of a police officer is something different from what one has learnt in schools or college or universities in various subjects. Thus, every student passing out 12th Standard & even rest of the students in various standards in schools or colleges or universities should be aware of the fact that we need to think of the need to develop one’s skill for the requirements of various jobs available along with academic career.

It’s time to stop thinking of the jobs provided by the Govt of India as the only option. There are both plus & minus points to think of private jobs or of govt jobs. Things & Time have changed many concepts. There are many industries & institutions coming up creating various challenging jobs for almost all the courses of academic education.

Today’s private industries do give same privilege like that of govt jobs, like pension, medical benefits, etc. Even all those who study Engineering or Medical or Legal or Architecture, and many others can’t be given job by the government of India. We have courses like M.C.A, B.Sc (Computer), and M.B.A, etc whose professionals have no direct suitable jobs and simply, no place in govt ministries. So, students should not look in the course one is studying from the perspective of government jobs.

Lifestyle, self-satisfaction, financial growth, security, and many others are far better in private jobs other than that of government jobs. Government jobs will kill one’s patience and self-dignity, as Govt jobs are full of corruptions & malpractices. Government jobs will lower one’s skills & eagerness to enhance one’s knowledge.

A few of government jobs will be interesting, but the works are not free from interruption from third parties. Instead private jobs or jobs newly created by self will be full of passion and adventurous. In short, most of the academic courses will just not help someone to get a govt job; rather it is better to study courses that will allow us to earn for living.

Well, there is a personal suggestion for those who are unable to clear entrance exams for Engineering or Medical courses (i.e. professional courses which are high in demand after 12th standard). As industries of all spectrums are growing up, there is a huge requirement of managers capable of taking tough decisions that are critical for the successful working of the companies.

So, Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a good option to study, and also to make fast & hefty earning after study. We will discuss much on what and how about MBA in other articles. But, the point to make here is that one should study General Courses like B.Sc or B.A or B.Com with the clear perspective of what one is supposed to do after completion; since such courses find nearly impossible to get a decent job for living.

We have seen Engineers, doctors and even IAS/IPS officers going ahead for MBA after working for a long time or after completion of studies. As the basic criteria for studying MBA is just a graduate, one can still think of completing B.Sc or B.A. or B.Com or any comfortable degree course which will be also helpful in carrying on MBA studies in latter course.
Just spending 3 years for general studies like B.Sc, B.Com, etc and doing MBA is still worth, than doing MBA after Engineering (4 years) or Medical (5 & 6 years), etc. There is always plus & minus for choosing MBA course from various undergraduate courses. And there are also reasons for taking up MBA courses after working for long years in various fields or after studying specific specialized professional courses.

But, the idea wished to be conveyed here is that – there are still many courses far better than just BE or MBBS. So, 12th passed out students needn’t worry if they are not able to go for such professional courses. The ultimate requirement in one’s career is nothing but, ability to earn enough money and status to control the rest. For this simple concept, one needs not to be a doctor or an engineer.

If one has missed the admission to colleges of such professional courses, it is not suggested to waste valuable years just to wait for the next year’s entrance examinations. Instead of bringing goodness to one’s high expectations after trying & trying to clear such professional entrance exams, such behaviour will make an individual to start loosing one’s enthusiasm to carry on living, or to go to college to study.

At last, situations may arise in such a way that one starts to feel sensing inferiority to old fellow classmates, or one starts to indulge in drugs addictions & bad habits, or anything not expected in life.

So, dear students including those who have passed out 12th standard, it is intelligent to think about other career options rather than blaming self or hurting self physically or mentally – just because someone has been unable to clear the entrance exams for Engineering or Medical course.

In fact, if one has to do so, one should have thought from the very first day of 11th standard.
It’s too late to think about Engineering or Medical entrances after clearing 12th exam and it is better to think of other options like MBA, IAS, etc (which is in fact to be done after a graduate course, and hence choose a simple & easy to learn graduate course with the plan of future professional academic study)

So there you have it – If you have not got good marks, do your graduation and then you have 3 years atleast to plan your future !
Trending Topics: |courses after 12th commerce |what to do after 12th science |what should i do after 12th |what to do after 12th |mba after 12th |courses after 12 in india |what can we do after 12th science |what to do after 12th commerce |govt jobs after 12th
Posts Related to What should I do after my 12th Standard?

Top Colleges in India for all Education Streams

On our main blog I have been featuring various lists of top Schools and colleges in India for the reference ...
5 streams in higher education that need to be popularized!

Looking ahead toward 2020, which jobs do you think will be most coveted in India? More than looking at them ...
Medical stream after 12th–What you should know!

Medicine is one of the sought after professions the world over. In India, medical science has made tremendous development, over ...
Overview of a MBA Degree and why should you do it?

One of the most frequently asked questions by students is – Why should I do an MBA course? or WIll ...
27th December 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

sir my self vicky8888
i have 57.8% in my 12th commerce and i just want to know that is my 12th % create some problem in my job opputunities or not iam very hope less plz show me some way...?
1st July 2012, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got 83% in ssc, 54% in inter, 62% in b.tech can i get good jobs in mnc's
yes why not...............
15th September 2013, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

sir,i got 45%in 10th,57%in 12th and 60% in betch.. can i go for accenture company??
3rd January 2014, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have got 59 percent in 10th,,,, 58 percentage in 12th,,, 62 percent in b.tech,,,, can i get a job in any mnc software company as a software tester??? Please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?