21st March 2016, 12:40 PM
Amshu99

What should I do to next to get into ISRO?

Hi
This is Amshu. I badly want to get into isro. So I am taking PCMB in my first PU. Am I going in the right stream? And what should I do next to reach my goal

31st August 2016, 10:51 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I do to next to get into ISRO?

ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organisation. It is one of the most reputed organisations of the country and falls under the supervision of the Indian Government. It is a PSU and to get a job in a company like this needs a lot. You may do the following to make sure you are on the right way to get jobs (if any) in ISRO:

1. Since ISRO is an organisation that is more into scientific activities, it is very likely that an engineer would get a job with them. It is although not easy but still there are many people that do it. Thus, the very basic step towards getting into ISRO is to take up science subjects primarily (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics). If you are taking Biology, that does not necessarily mean that it is required. So, if you want to skip taking that subject you may.

2. After you are done with your Class 12th boards CBSE, you would be required to take up Engineering from some reputed college. IITs are most prominent when it comes to quality technical education. NITs are also good but to get admission in them you have to apply for the Entrances IIT JEE and AIEEE. Crack these tough entrance exams and you can make your way into the elite group of technical institutions.

3. Even after you take up your B.Tech in any relevant stream (Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Civil etc), you shall apply to the job openings at ISRO. They are generally published in Employment Newspapers and National Newspapers at times. You may also give the GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering and then try entry into ISRO with the score that you get in GATE.

Kindly note that getting a job in ISRO is not easy. You have to remain brilliant in terms of academic scores and understanding of concepts to get a job there.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?